GENNY VST - V1.16 New Release Feb 2020

For anything related to sound (YM2612, PSG, Z80, PCM...)

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

drunken jesus

Post by drunken jesus » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:23 am

Here's 4 nearly full FXB banks from converted .TFI files for GENNY(the version posted on page 1) & One blank init bank to make creating or importing TFI files easier.

https://www.mediafire.com/?zo2s2obrq7ws1bb

These aren't sounds from games, they're from the Instruments folder of the all games TFI pack that's been floating around the internet & from the FB01 Preset Rom pack

478 patches altogether, enjoy

bastien
Very interested

Post by bastien » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:48 pm

how did you import it to Genny ?
lu9 wrote:Cool Music!
Also, I made a Tutorial on how to Dump VGMs and Optimize them using GENNY and some tools.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZebPga_jNc
Hope you like it :3
Thanks you very much ! :D

drunken jesus

Post by drunken jesus » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:10 pm

^if you're asking me I manually loaded all the TFI files using the import instrument feature under the Import tab in Genny and saved the FXB banks with Savihost

Here's another FXB bank with all the sounds from Sonic the Hedgehog 1 sorted and categorized 77 patches altogether
https://www.mediafire.com/?icr9ue2v70552v5

Thanks goes to Qjimbo @ metropeak for sorting and naming all the tfi files
http://metropeak.com/sounds-of-the-x-bi ... fm-sounds/

bastien
Very interested

Post by bastien » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:48 pm

Could you explain the way for load your fxb files with genny.
Because i can't load new banks with the VST menu.

drunken jesus

Post by drunken jesus » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:17 pm

^Oh okay, loading FXB's depends on the DAW program you use to run vsts, if you tell me the program you use I can probably tell you how to load it

I tried saving the banks in the .bnk format that Genny can load directly but saving them like that erased all the patch names

LucasFlicky

Post by LucasFlicky » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:05 pm

can someone enlightenme on how i import VGM/VGZ instruments on GENNY

Sevish

microtonal YM2616

Post by Sevish » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:12 am

GENNY sounds amazing! I was wondering if you would consider supporting microtuning (via .tun file perhaps) in a future version. I am looking for any YM2616 emulation which supports microtuning.

All my music these days is microtonal so I can't work with YM2616 sounds until someone implements this hugely expressive and useful feature.

For some examples of .tun files, google for "world scales mts pack" (quotes included) and the top result should be my site. You can download a zip file that contains lots of .tun files. It's just a table of frequencies that you can assign to the 128 MIDI notes instead of using a straightforward MIDI-to-frequency function.

Huge thanks for considering this request... I hope one day that I can recreate the Columns 'Clotho' music in a historically accurate meantone tuning, such as what would have been around in the time before Bach.

superjoebob
Very interested

Re: GENNY VST - V1.1 New Release Nov 2019

Post by superjoebob » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:25 am

I've finally released the final version of the VST, thank you everyone for your support this forum has been central to me being able to figure this stuff out in the first place and I can't barely express how happy I am that a place like this exists. Sega Genesis stuff is the only thing that's kept me consistently happy throughout the years and I don't think that's ever gonna change.
On a never ending quest to compose for the Genesis/Megadrive