Quick question

Talk about anything else you want

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

commodorejohn
Very interested

Quick question

Post by commodorejohn » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:01 pm

Does anyone know where I can get an MP3 of the Japanese opening for Time Gal? I'd like to replace the organ-as-vocals version in the US release with the actual vocal version, but I can't find an MP3.
Last edited by commodorejohn on Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:00 am

Why you search for mp3? You'll get a twice lose in sound quality if you find it, because it will be ripped and recompressed from japanese version of game. Maybe you need jap version of game itself?

Funny, I not knew that SCD version had vocal in intro (I mainly played in PSX port of arcade version).

commodorejohn
Very interested

Post by commodorejohn » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:24 am

Eh, I can't locate a Japanese version of the game, and sound loss with MP3 really isn't all that bad for most songs, depending on the bitrate.

Also, yeah, the Japanese version of Time Gal on SCD had vocals, but the European and US releases replaced the vocals with an organ sample playing the vocal melody. It's just as cheesy as it sounds, which is a pity, because the tune's not bad at all (it's in a similar style to "Watashi Ni Happy Birthday," the theme from All Purpose Cultural Cat-Girl Nuku Nuku.)