Super Mario Bros on the Genesis

Announce (tech) demos or games releases

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:50 am

I would not want switched A and B buttons :P

drop select and map the A to C aswell. I don't want to dig out my conroller with A and C swapped... A must jump :P
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

mic_
Very interested

Post by mic_ » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:49 pm

A must jump
The jump button must be to the right of whatever the NES B-button is mapped to :P
On an MD 3-button controller that makes B, C the best choice.

sheath
Very interested

Post by sheath » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:50 pm

Heh, playing through it I've missed countless jumps because I hit the wrong button for jump. I agree with adding C as an additional jump button.

LocalH
Very interested

Post by LocalH » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:58 pm

Yeah, that would work too. I solved the problem for the moment by re-assigning my keys in Fusion, of course that helps none for hardware. As long as there is a run button to the left of a jump button, I don't really care. I like the idea of B for run and A/C for jump, although I never use A to jump on an MD game unless I have no choice, so many years of using debug on the Sonic games has hardwired C as my default jump button.

Also, did you ever look into the input issue with player 2? Perhaps your joypad init code was a bit buggy? I helped someone debug a problem like that once, and with fixed init code the buttons worked right.

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:32 pm

mic_ wrote:
A must jump
The jump button must be to the right of whatever the NES B-button is mapped to :P
On an MD 3-button controller that makes B, C the best choice.
on my NES controllers, I have swapped A and B... more to do with an habit, since I got some clone controllers for my Famiclone that were like MD 6buttoners, where A is A, B is B and Z is A+B, and XYZ are turbo buttons... my fav controller and 12 years playing with that definitely burns something into your mind(and fingers) :P
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

knightwarrior

Post by knightwarrior » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:04 pm

or A run B Jump C Selete

Mairtrus

Post by Mairtrus » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:10 am

check the first post on the Devster forums, guys. I released a new version. Now it should works in real hardware...

knightwarrior

Post by knightwarrior » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:44 am

I wish it was "A" Run "B" Jump "C" Run

But B+C is fine

Do a SMB2j Port..But the Mapper 4 Hack

LocalH
Very interested

Post by LocalH » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:53 am

knightwarrior wrote:I wish it was "A" Run "B" Jump "C" Run

But B+C is fine

Do a SMB2j Port..But the Mapper 4 Hack
Over on Devster's forum, Mairtrus wrote:- According to Sik (he said it first...), now in main screen the number of players is selected with the Up/Down buttons. Now the A and C buttons does the same function. Plus, the joypads are initilized properly, so now the joypad 2 works in Fusion (an I guess in real hardware too)

knightwarrior

Post by knightwarrior » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:26 am

I read that..I'm just so used to the run button on A on the Genesis & B on the NES

I think I found a bug or something, try to reset the game while your playing on the Real Hardware

In Fusion when I soft reset ..there's a blue screen, but you could still hear it

LocalH
Very interested

Post by LocalH » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:12 am

For the record, world 36 no longer crashes, although it does not behave the same as the NES version. You get an underwater 3-4, which upon completion acts like you've beat the game, setting the hard mode flag and enabling the world select.

KRIKzz
Interested

Post by KRIKzz » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:25 am

mario for genny? damn, it is my dream! (:

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:09 pm

plee
Very interested

Post by plee » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:01 am

Mairtrus wrote:check the first post on the Devster forums, guys. I released a new version. Now it should works in real hardware...
Now works on my dev board, good work!