Sweet'n'Soft Waffles project.

Announce (tech) demos or games releases

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

Tomahomae
Very interested

Re: Sweet'n'Soft Waffles project.

Post by Tomahomae » Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:51 am

What do you think, what's best way to assign the enemy sprite displacement coordinates?

Tomahomae
Very interested

Post by Tomahomae » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:35 am

The problem is solved partially, but it's still need to add a gravitation influence to enemy sprite to make it fall from the sky to ground at the game start, like player's sprite.
S&SW v0.5.rar
(125.57 KiB) Downloaded 238 times

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:03 pm

Why doesn't gravity affect everything? I guess you have separate routines for everything, and the gravity is baked into the code? I suppose collision detection will be coming soon. And code to move the enemies around. Will there be a low attack? The punch is sort of medium, the kick in the air a high attack, but there's no low attack right now (or crouching for that matter).

In many games of this sort, pressing down will crouch, and they use one button for punches and another for kicks. Combined with crouching, standing, and jumping, that gives low, medium, and high punches and kicks.

Tomahomae
Very interested

Post by Tomahomae » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:17 pm

Chilly Willy wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:03 pm
Will there be a low attack? The punch is sort of medium, the kick in the air a high attack, but there's no low attack right now (or crouching for that matter).
Of course, it will be there for sure. Like a division of attacks into punches and kicks also. In turn, both punch and kick even will have two options - for right, and, respectively left hand\leg, like in Tekken.

I understand by myself, how diversity of attacks kinds is important in such games.

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:53 pm

Nice. I should wait and see how it develops.