[Stalled project] Dynamite Dan port

Announce (tech) demos or games releases

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

realbrucest
Interested

[Stalled project] Dynamite Dan port

Post by realbrucest » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:59 am

Hi everyone, a few months ago I started to play around with sgdk. One guy was looking for a programmer (I'm not but...) to try a port of Dynamite Dan, Spectrum version. Those days I had plenty of time and this is what I achieved:

https://sites.google.com/site/emigrante ... lpha01.bin

I don't know when I could find time again and also when If I will feel like coding again soon :roll:
It's filled with Spanish "in-code" comments. Codding is a bit crappy but maybe it can be helpful. It's here:

http://subversion.assembla.com/svn/dyna ... megadrive/

Feel free to play with.

Well, what else...

Ah!

More info (google-translated from Spanish forum)

And, of course, many thanks for sgdk and also for all the useful info you all post over here.
Last edited by realbrucest on Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KanedaFr
Administrateur

Post by KanedaFr » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:46 pm

Great one... your project is almost similar than AbbayeMD no ?

I saw you coded a lot of your gfx , pal, etc... by hand on the code...
any reason for that ?

realbrucest
Interested

Post by realbrucest » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:46 am

I guess it's bad habit brought from old msdos vga coding days. I started to do this stuff on megadrive with no idea about how to do things, as a learning project mainly. Now I know I could make a few things simpler and easier.
I also thought that "porting" an old school 8 bit platform game would be a not too hard project to get the grip on sgdk. I have little time lately and I have no idea about when I could sit again in front of code:blocks to complete the port. I don't want the project to die because I feel I had almost half of the game (in a very crappy state, but almost half), that's why I released it in such a scary state (and filled with Spanish code and comments, lo siento ;)). To complete the story: the guy who pushed me to start is a huge Dynamite Dan fan, has an important lack of patience (hi jordigahan :P) and wants it to be finish asap; I save my opinion on this but I guess he'd feel a bit better knowing that everyone can keep an eye on the code this way. At least maybe the code itself could give some ideas to somebody, that would be also a good thing. Anyhow, I'll be around.

Christuserloeser
Very interested

Post by Christuserloeser » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:17 pm

Thanks for the release and also for re-uploading it to google. I was about to ask for a mirror. :D
http://www.DCEvolution.net - Gigabytes of free Dreamcast software for you

realbrucest
Interested

Post by realbrucest » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:41 am

Thanks to you guys for keeping this great community rolling.

Now I have no access to the Windows PC I was using for coding DynamiteDan (and less free time and some other business) but there is one importat thing I actually can do: I know I MUST start translating all Spanish stuff to English. I'll try not to take long on this. Sorry for not doing it yet :oops: