Post by alko » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:01 pm

when will there be new episodes?

Blake00

Re: wolfenstein demo for sega genesis

Post by Blake00 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:59 am

gasega68k wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:47 am
Hello everyone, I'm back! :)
I signed up to this forum to support another project (Civilization for Genesis) and then I heard about this project on another site, clicked on some links and ended up right back in this forum in this thread haha.

I Watched the video. Your work is truly amazing!! I can't wait to try this out!! :)
Blakes Sanctum: Retro site for retro games! Civ, MoM, C&C, Dune, FinalF, HoMM, B5, Star Trek, Doom, TES & more!

Blake00

Re: wolfenstein demo for sega genesis

Post by Blake00 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:22 am

After your awesome work here with Wolfenstein Genesis/MD fan game I was wondering if someone would try Doom next (as hard as that may be) and it looks like someone is!

Doom test video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGbrrrLdmrk

Will be interesting to see how it goes considering the limitations he's fighting. Now that people can easily play MegaCD/SegaCD games on their Megadrive's thanks to the MegaSD it's lead to some interesting fan projects (eg all the MD+ stuff) and I find myself wondering how it would go if some supremely talented individual attempted a Doom project utilizing the MegaCD's extra CPU and it's sprite rotation & scaling abilities. When most people think of the MegaCD they think of bad FMV games but it had some real 3D gems like Thunderhawk, Soul Star, F1 Beyond the Limit, Adventures of Batman & Robin, and of course the well known Sonic CD special stages and Batman Returns driving sections. I think the only first person shooter game on Sega CD was the port of Bloodshot which I don't think they did much of anything (other than music & some bug fixes) to enhance it over the Genesis version sadly, missed opportunity!
Blakes Sanctum: Retro site for retro games! Civ, MoM, C&C, Dune, FinalF, HoMM, B5, Star Trek, Doom, TES & more!