DefleMask - A Multi-System Tracker

Talk about development tools here

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

Delek
Very interested

Post by Delek » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:09 pm

DefleMask 7 released!:

NEWS SO FAR:
01: Linux Build!, I tested it on Ubuntu 10 and runs pretty good.
02: The ROM Builders now are faster and transparent, they are included in DefleMask Core.
03: Fixed some issues with insert/backspace commands in a selection.
04: Fixed a bug related to the size of a song in memory, cleaned lot of things.
05: Lot of bugs fixed.
06: Manual Updated.

DOWNLOAD!

I need feedback about the Linux Build guys!, and MacOS X build coming soon!.

DefleMask Running @ Ubuntu!!!!!

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:41 am

Running the linux build in Xubuntu 12.04... works great! You did include the SDL.dll in the archive for no apparent reason, but otherwise everything seems okay.
:D

Delek
Very interested

Post by Delek » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:33 pm

DefleMask 7f released!, Game Boy ROM BUILDER FTWWWWW!!.

NEWS:
01: Game Boy ROM and GBS Exporter! (remember always to use an accurate Game Boy Emulator, such as Visual Boy Advance, or the actual Hardware!).
02: Custom Keyboard Layouts added and keys editor!.
03: Fixed a bug regarding to the Note Up shortcut, it was limited to octave 3.
04: Fixed a bug introduced in the latest release, regarding to loading a premade instrument.
05: Fixed a bug in the GENESIS Rom Builder, it was disabled in the previous release.
06: Manual Updated.

Both Linux and Windows builds updated!.

DOWNLOAD!!!

djcouchycouch
Very interested

Post by djcouchycouch » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:22 pm

I've been recently trying out the Echo sound driver. One of things I'm trying to pin down is getting content from a tracker to Echo's formats. DefleMask is interesting to me because it's Genesis specific.

Are there any plans for support of Echo's formats or any intermediate formats that Echo's tools support?

Thanks!
DJCC

kubilus1
Very interested

Post by kubilus1 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:28 am

Running Deflemask under Ubuntu 10.10, works pretty good but with the occasional lock-up. I'm also interested in seeing how to output stuff from this into a game, perhaps using the Echo driver.

kubilus1
Very interested

Post by kubilus1 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Seems to be a bit more stable so far in 12.04, haven't had it lock up since I upgraded. Also nevermind about Echo driver output, I figured out how to play the vgm files directly (more or less) on the z80.

BTW: Great work! I'm sure I will use this a lot!

Delek
Very interested

Post by Delek » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:18 pm

WOW!, DefleMask 8 Released!. MANY NEWS! and changed a little the work flow of the tracker.

NEWS:
Soundchip Added: Ricoh 2A03
System Added: Nintendo NES
Effect Added: EFxx - Global Fine Pitch (AWESOMEEE!!).
Added NSF Export for Nintendo NES.
Added support for raw PCM samples in Nintendo NES.
Added support for no limit range in the Arpeggio Macro (no more 2 octaves limit).
Added an sound output waveform viewer to the main DefleMask screen (very useful while you are editing FM Instruments!).
Added control to the Noise mode of the soundchips by using the Duty Macro/Effects.
Added a new texture for skins: backwaveform.
Added a new color for skins: waveform.
Added some changes to the GUI.
Fixed the impossibility to change the noise mode of the Game Boy while a note is sounding.
Fixed a bad functionality of the undo/redo system.
Fixed a PCM Samples desynchronization.
Fixed a bug with the wavetables save window.
Fixed a bug while concatenating portamento to note effects.
Fixed an unsynch bug related to having uneven count of total rows.
Fixed the impossibility to use a channel of the SN76489 without a volume envelope.
Fixed lot of minor bugs.
Both Windows and Linux builds updated.
Manual Updated (please read it, there are some very useful things there, for example: the use of the Arpeggio Macro with PCM Samples to trigger them freely).

DOWNLOAD!!!

kubilus1
Very interested

Post by kubilus1 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Running on Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit and it works great. Really digging the NES addition.

I have one minor nit-pick. The tgz is packaged without a sub-directory so it makes a mess when extracted.

Otherwise, awesome work!

NightShadow
Interested

Post by NightShadow » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi to All !!
I'm new here, my first post :P

I also agree with djcouchycouch, DefleMask is looking to be a really good tracker for the Genesis developpers, and Echo seems to be one of the more interesting library that we could use to get the best out of a project.

The problem is that it's looking painful for us at the moment trying to work with Echo... It would be really nice if we could get a special feature plugin in DefleMask which could export files/instruments/sfx to Echo format. Maybe if there's more people interested in that idea could also ask for this feature as a request and get Delek more interested in that ? :D

I know that's good coding time but doable ! :D

I'm starting a game project and I'm not even near to the sounds and musics parts but I'm still interested in how I will be able to do it and follow about what I find in the forum threads. Like djcouchycouch I think it would be a nice solution to add Echo format support to Deflemask.

I tried Deflemask 3 months ago and it looked really interesting.. Since that, some bugs I saw have been fixed and it has been updated a couple of times with many fixes and new features. You really work hard on your project Delek 8)

Thanks Delek for this awesome Tracker !
Thanks SpritesMind crew for this really great Forum ! :)

kubilus1
Very interested

Post by kubilus1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:09 am

NightShadow:

You can export the VGM files from Deflemask, turn them into ZGM files and run them.

I have an example of how to do this (using sgdk) with a song exported from Deflemask in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=1254

The vgm2zgm tool can be found with the first post on this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=1212

The rest of that thread will contain some more examples and the driver itself.

Currently you cannot do PCM (WAV sounds effects) directly, but anything else from the tracker should work.

NightShadow
Interested

Post by NightShadow » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Thanks Kubilus1

I will try this when I have time too... I'm curious about this solution... I read in other threads that VGM isn't optimized friendly to run in projects because they need too much ressources..

I also seen a thread about optimizing these vgm files so maybe there's something to do...

Thanks for your help and idea
NightShadow

Delek
Very interested

Post by Delek » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:26 am

Well, there are lot of news in DefleMask, check out the FULL CHANGELOG in the forum for more details, the latest update was minutes ago!.

http://www.delek.com.ar/deflemask/

Delek
Very interested

Post by Delek » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:06 am

Happy new year guys!, and as promised, here is DefleMask 9 with lot of news, MAC OS X build and SID 6581 & 8550 support.

DefleMask 9 NEWS:
Mac OS X Build!
Soundchip Added: MOS Technology SID 6581.
Soundchip Added: MOS Technology SID 8580.
System Added: Commodore 64.
Added sample banks, so the limit of the samples was increased to 144, 12 samples per bank and 12 max bank samples.
Added lot of effects exclusively to the Commodore 64 (Change Wave, Filter Cutoff Reset, Pulse Width, etc).
Added Progressive Duty Cycle Macro to the Commodore 64.
Added Progressive Filter Cutoff-Freq Macro to the Commodore 64.
Added Global Play/Stop Shortcut: Ctrl+Enter, it will play/stop all Opened DefleMask in the OS.
Added Fixed mode to the Arpeggio Macro (very useful for bass and drums in SMS, Game Boy, NES, C64, etc).
Added basic .SID exporting to Commodore 64.
Added control to the special noise mode for SMS in the Noise Macro too (now it have 4 usable values).
Added a Filename display, it will display also if the current module was modified and not saved (Ctrl+S quicksave).
Shortcut added: Ctrl+Up/Down, move between patterns.
Standard Effect Added: E1xy - Note Slide Up.
Standard Effect Added: E2xy - Note Slide Down.
Standard Effect Added: EBxx - Set Samples Bank.
Updated in_vgm to the latest version (RAW PCM Samples in NES, Full PC-Engine Support, and more).
Now vibratos do not cancel Portamentos.
Now Portamentos do not cancel Vibratos.
Now a NOTE-OFF will not cancel arpeggios and other effects, useful with systems that have hardware envelopes.
Now if you click a file on the save file window, you can get that name file.
Fixed the 512kb limit of samples in the NSF exporter, now you can use the full 1MB of samples without problems in NES.
Fixed the phase reset on NES Squares on starting portamentos.
Fixed the Undo/Redo while interpolating/shrinking/expanding.
Fixed a display bug with the Algorithms of FM soundchips.
Fixed the 0Axy effect behavior.
Fixed strange jumps while doing long portamentos down.
Fixed a crash bug regarding to load a new key layout.
Demo Song Added for NEC PC-Engine: jrlepage - The Adventures of Claude Vorilhon
Demo Song Added for SEGA Master System: Ultrasonic Madness - Monday
Many Demo Songs and examples added to Commodore 64.
Some GUI changes to improve the workflow.
Many bugs fixed.
Mac OS X, Linux and Windows builds updated.
Manual Updated.

DOWNLOAD!

sasuke

Post by sasuke » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:34 am

Excellent. Thanks for finally making a Mac version. Now I don't need to load WINE every time I need to make music. :)

NightShadow
Interested

Post by NightShadow » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:15 am

Thank you very much Delek !! I'm a newbie at everything that englobe music composing...

Since many years I like to listen to chip tunes, especially Sid music for the c64.. I also know trackers since I had an Amiga in the mid-90s but never really tried them.

As now I'm interested in Genesis game development I choosed to learn with your tracker. About 4-5 months ago I tried it but as a learner I tried but didn't had the courage to continue because when I was trying effects here and there I was getting crashes and anomalies... Not easy for someone new to music composing without knowing any terms..

Now I tried the new version and I'm able to get something out of it.. It never crashed and I begin to try some working effects so after some much more practice I'll be able to create something that will be of some acceptance to the human ear ;-)

Also, Thanks for the addition of both SID chips, I wonder if it's possible to load a .sid in a tracker or if it's a kind a compiled format you can only execute..

So, thank you again for this nice piece of software and keep up the good work !