Hello everyone, first post!
Ran into a couple issues getting this running on Arch with GCC 4.9.0 (64bit). Here is what I did to get around them.
First issue is that binutils errors out on warnings. The line that runs the configure script needs --disable-werror added to it in makefile-gen (or makefile-gen.diff).
Code: Select all
cd $(build); ../$(src_dir)/configure --target=$(target) --prefix=$(prefix) --without-headers --with-newlib --enable-languages=c --disable-libssp --disable-tls $(extra_configure_args) $(to_log) --disable-werror
Second was the same as onaryc's above post. I got around this by replacing the files in 32bit folders with the 64bit versions:
Replaced files in gendev/files/applib/src/32bit with contents of 64bit
Replaced files in gendev/files/applib/lib/elf with contents of elf64
That's a hack and not a fix but I don't know which script references these files.
One additional thing. The latest SGDK (r188 when I did it) doesn't work with that diff patch, so I hardcoded checkout of r176 (version mentioned in the diff) into the Makefile. Maybe whatever is in that diff is part of SGDK now and I could have just commented the patch command but I didn't look into it.
I've been playing with this setup for the past week and everything has been working pretty smoothly so far.