Troubles with Gens KMod++ in Virtual Box

Talk about development tools here

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

djcouchycouch
Very interested

Troubles with Gens KMod++ in Virtual Box

Post by djcouchycouch » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:32 am

Hi,

I know this is probably not the typical setup, but I'm running Windows XP in Virtual Box on Mac OS X Lion. I've been using Gens KMod so far but after reading good things about Gens KMod++ I wanted to try it out. Unfortunately, it's not working right for me.

The application opens but clicking on the menu bar doesn't reveal any menus. But if I go an resize the application window, I can see that the menu I clicked on is actually there but is placed behind the window. Very strange.

I've set the desktop to 16 bit colour. Setting it to 24 or 32 gives me a weird floating black square that doesn't move that overlaps the application. So I keep it at 16 bit colour.

During application startup, there are lots of flashing windows at the top left hand corner of the screen. Looks like the menus build drawn or built. Unsure if that's relevant.

Any idea what I could do to make it work, thanks?

Related question: does Gens KMod++ save the location and visibility of windows? Meaning if I start the application, open a few debugging windows, place them where I like, and then close the application, do the windows reappear where they were when I reopen it?

Thanks!
DJCC

Meradrin
Interested

Post by Meradrin » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:00 am

Sorry, the reason that crash on your VBox or on PC with a low-end video card. Is linked to the fact, I create the fasted texture surface I can have for the emulation and I don’t really check for compatibility. I fix all this in my new emulator. Of course I already show you ^^ But if other people get the same problem it is the answer.