Problem with Mega CD sound

Ask anything your want about Mega/SegaCD programming.

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

andoba

Problem with Mega CD sound

Post by andoba » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:26 pm

Well, hello, I'm new to the boards and I'd like to ask you something that I haven't got around to solve yet... :(

I got a japanese Mega CD 1 and well, lens and everything is perfect, but sound sounds cutted, glitchy. Every second it glitches and then continues normal until the next second. I know that I explain like shit but I don't know the right words for explaining it (it sounds "entrcortado").

The thing is, I though at first that the CD drive could be screwed but if I connect my MD1 to mixing, and the Mega CD by the RCA's in the back to the stereo, it sounds glitched, not only with CD's but also with carts.

What is very, very weird is that, if I connect the MD to the MCD mixing, and the RCA to the stereo, I disconnect the Mega CD from the expansion slot and boot a cart game, it sounds in stereo perfectly. But if I do the same with the expansion slot connected to the Mega CD, it sounds glitched!

What do you think guys/gals? It could be a problem with my Mega Drive (model 1, third controller / serial port, TMSS present)? Or maybe some component is fried (I didn't see anything suspicious looking, those SMD components look the same anyway so I could hardly notice anything broken)? Or perhaps the sound chip in the Mega CD is broken and I have no hope in fixing?

I'd really appreciate your help. If someone wants something, a record of the sound output, any more info, just ask.

Thanks a lot. :(
;D

HardWareMan
Very interested

Post by HardWareMan » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:31 pm

Can you make recording of this glitch sound and lay out a record here?