burning rom into cartridge??

For anything related to cart (SRAM, SF2 mapper, audio, CD mode 1, ...)

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

megadriver25

burning rom into cartridge??

Post by megadriver25 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:55 am

Hello im new here!

I have seen some posts about this but does anyone really have a tool that can burn roms directly into the cartridge chip?? :?

Im asking becouse I have alot of pirate carts that I would want to overwrite. I can't make this myself so I will pay for anyone who can help me with a tool like this.

Otherwise - I have alot of spare chips and loose JAP style copied cartridge shells for sale for you programmers out there!

Fredrik

bastien
Very interested

Post by bastien » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:13 am

it's impossible to rewrite game into an Original chip : the Maskrom is not rewritable look like a CD-R.

But if you want you can use an Eprom 16bit or a Flash memory for remplacing the original maskrom.
if you can read the french take this , it's a tutorial : for the modification with a 16 bit Eprom :

http://sega4ever.power-heberg.com/Downl ... 016bit.doc

mic_
Very interested

Post by mic_ » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:00 pm

Or if you're lazy and have some spare cash you could just buy a flash cart - such as the MD Myth 3in1, the MD Pro or the MegaCart. The MD Pro is probably the cheapest of them, while the MD Myth has the advantage of not needing a parallel port, as well as supporting SMS ROMs without a PowerBase adaptor.

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:24 pm

I've got both the MD-Pro and the Neo Myth. The MD-Pro is a little cheaper, and a little easier to use (at the moment), but the Neo Myth has more potential. The Neo Myth is an adapter which has a serial EEPROM and 8MB of PSRAM on it. You plug GBA/NDS flash carts into it for flash/sram. The flash cart that comes with the Neo Myth has 64 MB of flash (8 times the MD-Pro 64!), and 256KB of SRAM. You can get other flash carts to boost the storage you have - there's a Neo2 flash cart with 128 MB of flash as well. I've ordered the Neo2-SD flash cart to play around with - it has only 32MB of flash, but has an SD card interface.

You can see where the Neo Myth has more potential - you have up to 8MB of RAM, and SD card access. Just think of the homebrew you could do. :D