Catgirl game collaboration

Want to create a team or share a project ?

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

Hik
Very interested

Catgirl game collaboration

Post by Hik » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:44 pm

In case anyone is interested in collaborating with me on this game, you can post in this thread.
Right now its mostly a learning endeavor, which I started working on in SGDK in 2016.

I've been working on a game design document for the game to explain better what it should be like and to list
suggestions for ways to implement things. It also has ideas and inspirations which make the game better.
I commented the code as best I could, it may still be improved upon by a lot.

Ideally the game should be free and any collaborators benefit mainly in having made something which may
bring joy to players. I had thought of the game when in physical format as a sort of reward, like for contests.
Any collaborators who have actually worked on the game may be listed in the credits under a name they choose.

Currently there are 2 versions of the game, there's a genesis/mega drive version and there's a PC version.
The PC version is programmed in C++/SDL2 but progress has been very slow on both versions in 2018.
I stopped working on the genesis/mega drive version for a while but have been considering picking it up again
if there's enough interest and willing collaborators. Recently a private git repository has been set up, which can
be accessed for free by potential collaborators. I also have content uploaded to a cloud service called pCloud.

I've made art and graphics for the game, its still work in progress (including the cover which may get more details
for the background) and did some music experiments. I can do music but it takes me a while to make it sound good.

Game page on itch.io; https://hik.itch.io/catgirl-pool-party
The thread for the demo; viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2518

Miquel
Very interested

Re: Catgirl game collaboration

Post by Miquel » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:01 am

Hik wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:44 pm
I've been working on a game design document for the game to explain better what it should be like and to list
suggestions for ways to implement things. It also has ideas and inspirations which make the game better.
Tell me more, show me more. Sell me the goods!
As a product manager is your job to mesmerize people and manage workloads.

Build a roadmap, and divide it into small packets, then SELL the project to the appropriate people. My advice.
HELP. Spanish TVs are brain washing people to be hostile to me.

Hik
Very interested

Re: Catgirl game collaboration

Post by Hik » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Miquel wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:01 am
Tell me more, show me more. Sell me the goods!
As a product manager is your job to mesmerize people and manage workloads.

Build a roadmap, and divide it into small packets, then SELL the project to the appropriate people. My advice.
If you just mean making the thing more attractive to potential collaborators by the term "selling" then that's something I'm
still working on. I may have to make some new artworks, which may take some time. I have to check if there's interest
in collaborating first, on sites like this to get an idea of what can work out better. You can ask me questions in this thread.

I invited some friends to help me work on it but there hasn't been much progress mainly because they've been too busy
or lacked the ability or skill to work on it and it would take me a long time to sort everything out by myself.

So I figured it would help if there were more interested collaborators who'd have the skill and time to work on it.

I think that to make a proper roadmap with dates or schedules I'd have to know who'd be actively collaborating, but to make
one without restraints and just listing the different stages I could do that before going into collaboration. I'm still kind of new
at this kind of management but have worked with group assignments before. I just wish to get this game working properly.

So what kinda collaborator am I looking for? These are the main types of collaborators which would help with progress most;
-Programmer (We can work with what's there in C/SGDK code, or do it with assembly, SGDK supports inline assembly, right?)
-Musician (I have a lot of music inspiration and found good instruments but had trouble putting music together with effects)
-Level designer (Something I don't mind collaborating on, designing and building levels is fun, right?)

One can have more than one skill and any extra skills would be appreciated, such as art/graphics or story writing, since
those things could potentially also be improved upon with feedback by collaborators or fans, I'm open to suggestions.

There are already some descriptions of what kinda things I have envisioned for the game in the catgirl game demo thread.