Looking for someone to port my NES game to Genesis

Want to create a team or share a project ?

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

sixxgunner81

Looking for someone to port my NES game to Genesis

Post by sixxgunner81 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:36 pm

Hi -

I am in search of someone who is able to port our NES game (Blow 'em Out) to the Sega Genesis platform.

The game was developed for an NES NROM board and was written mostly in C with some assembler code.

Please let me know if you're interested and I'll send you whatever you need to get a price quote.

Thanks!
Bill

KanedaFr
Administrateur

Post by KanedaFr » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:55 am

Hi Bill,

Are you looking for a coder (to port to Genny), an artist (to update GFX to 4 x 16 colors) and/or a musician (to port the music and sound) ?

;)

sixxgunner81

Post by sixxgunner81 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:23 am

KanedaFr wrote:Hi Bill,

Are you looking for a coder (to port to Genny), an artist (to update GFX to 4 x 16 colors) and/or a musician (to port the music and sound) ?

;)
Hi - I would need a port (code) and music. I'm not terribly concerned with upgrading the graphics as I've been told that will take some time and be fairly expensive.

Of course I'd love the graphics updates but I think it will cost too much ya know?

Bill

djcouchycouch
Very interested

Post by djcouchycouch » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:34 am

Have you looked at SGDK? If you've got something running in C on the NES, then you should have a good time with the SGDK.

sixxgunner81

Post by sixxgunner81 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:56 am

I would, but I've never written a bit of code in my life! I just come up with game ideas and market them. If you know Shiru, he wrote the game.

He is doing the SNES port for me but doesn't want to do the Genesis, so I have to look for other options.

I am going to start learning basic C programming so that I can try to develop my own games in a few years ( or however long it takes me to get good at it).

KanedaFr
Administrateur

Post by KanedaFr » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:17 am

You should ask Shiru to make the music, he is pretty good ;)
But I know he is no longer really enjoying genny stuff :(

PM if you didn't find someone in a short delay

Stef
Very interested

Post by Stef » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:45 am

KanedaFr wrote:You should ask Shiru to make the music, he is pretty good ;)
But I know he is no longer really enjoying genny stuff :(
Yeah and that is really a shame as he was really good both for code and in music stuff.

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Could I ask what type of game it is?

I would consider a couple of options but it depends on the Genre. And yes, I can write 6502/6510 for the NES and I write in 68K for the MD so porting will be easier for me :)
Oh yes, I write C as well.

Cheers,

Minty.
UMDK Fanboy

SoullessSentinel
Interested

Post by SoullessSentinel » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:24 pm

I've got experience with programming in C, not much NES experience but a fair amount of Mega Drive experience.

I recently formed a software/game development company and require some small projects to build some initial revenue to get off the ground.

If you could PM me with some details, or some example code I'd gladly help out.

sixxgunner81

Post by sixxgunner81 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:53 am

MintyTheCat wrote:Could I ask what type of game it is?

I would consider a couple of options but it depends on the Genre. And yes, I can write 6502/6510 for the NES and I write in 68K for the MD so porting will be easier for me :)

Cheers,

Minty.
Hi Minty -

All of our games are birthday, holiday, and occasion-themed games. This one (Blow 'em Out) is a birthday-themed game. It's a single-screen, platform-style game in which you blow out candles on a birthday cake while being chased by enemy fireballs that can attack you and also re-ignite any candles that you've already blown out.

Thanks!

sixxgunner81

Post by sixxgunner81 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:54 am

SoullessSentinel wrote:I've got experience with programming in C, not much NES experience but a fair amount of Mega Drive experience.

I recently formed a software/game development company and require some small projects to build some initial revenue to get off the ground.

If you could PM me with some details, or some example code I'd gladly help out.
What would you like me to send? Can just send ROM file if you'd like via email.

MintyTheCat
Very interested

Post by MintyTheCat » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:18 pm

sixxgunner81 wrote:
MintyTheCat wrote:Could I ask what type of game it is?

Cheers,

Minty.
Hi Minty -

All of our games are birthday, holiday, and occasion-themed games. This one (Blow 'em Out) is a birthday-themed game. It's a single-screen, platform-style game in which you blow out candles on a birthday cake while being chased by enemy fireballs that can attack you and also re-ignite any candles that you've already blown out.

Thanks!
Perhaps ask on the SGDK section - it does not sound too demanding and perhaps there will be some there who would fancy having a go at porting.
UMDK Fanboy

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:03 pm

sixxgunner81 wrote:All of our games are birthday, holiday, and occasion-themed games. This one (Blow 'em Out) is a birthday-themed game. It's a single-screen, platform-style game in which you blow out candles on a birthday cake while being chased by enemy fireballs that can attack you and also re-ignite any candles that you've already blown out.
Hmm, not to tell you how to make your own game, but perhaps instead of fireballs, how about bullies chase you to give you noogies, and relight the candles.

sixxgunner81

Post by sixxgunner81 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:10 am

Chilly Willy wrote:
sixxgunner81 wrote:All of our games are birthday, holiday, and occasion-themed games. This one (Blow 'em Out) is a birthday-themed game. It's a single-screen, platform-style game in which you blow out candles on a birthday cake while being chased by enemy fireballs that can attack you and also re-ignite any candles that you've already blown out.
Hmm, not to tell you how to make your own game, but perhaps instead of fireballs, how about bullies chase you to give you noogies, and relight the candles.
I'd probably have anti-bullying groups protesting outside our office :)

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:46 am

sixxgunner81 wrote:
Chilly Willy wrote:
I'd probably have anti-bullying groups protesting outside our office :)
:D

Sounds a little like a game I worked on for the Atari 8-bit a LOOOOOONG time ago called Happy Birthday! It featured "Little Timmy" running around the house, eating slices of cake to regain health, while avoiding bullies (who gave noogies and wet willies) and Granny kisses, which sapped your strength. I never got past that point as I couldn't think of a goal beyond simply staying "alive". There were presents that had items to help deal with bullies and grannies, but I couldn't think of anything as a "boss" for levels. So it was just the above repeated over, and over, and over, and over... The only thing that changed was the layout for the house (one screen with floors, a little like non-scrolling platform games).