New Games produced by the company who make RetroGen Portable

Ask anything your want about Megadrive/Genesis programming.

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

Munkyears
Very interested

Post by Munkyears » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:08 pm

I assume you ment 1988 :D
To be this good takes ages, To be this good takes Stef, Kanedafr, ChillyWilly & everyone who has helped me discover what hardwork is!

Dive into the SpritesMind! :)

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:16 am

Nah! He meant 1898. :lol:

Richter X

Post by Richter X » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:18 am

I found some vids of these fake Genesis consoles, they sound terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIfwrgxahjs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXeE2XHf8QQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAYLr0yly_A
And this one doesn't even have a cartridge slot.

Munkyears
Very interested

Post by Munkyears » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:46 pm

Lol i have that last one, Managed to wreck the screen by wiring up a power jack just like the MD, i got the correct voltage but guess it only liked duracell ?
To be this good takes ages, To be this good takes Stef, Kanedafr, ChillyWilly & everyone who has helped me discover what hardwork is!

Dive into the SpritesMind! :)

plee
Very interested

Post by plee » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:05 am

Well, after waiting forever (held in customs they say), it finally showed up. Kinda disappointed with the build of this thing, has a very "toy" like feel. About the size of a genny controller, even thicker because of the cartridge slot. Has a PAL/NTSC switch, ear phone jack and video/audio out jack. Comes with 12 games from a frogger like clone to mahjong. To be honest, I only played a couple and they are really weren't too good. Anyway, now I need to find out more about the "special" cartridge...

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:42 pm

I haven't seen anything that cared about the "PAL/NTSC switch"... which makes me wonder if it actually does anything. A couple dozen US carts worked fine in either position... which is another thing - they don't tell you which position is supposed to be PAL and which is NTSC. The directions included simply says if the game says it's the wrong region, flip the switch and reset. I think the emulation auto-detects the region and ignores the switch... it's left over from an older version of the emulation, maybe.

The display on these things are great! Nice and bright, and I haven't noticed any ghosting. Of course, the FM emulation isn't very good, being much more low pitched than it should be. That might irritate some people, but I don't care too much. The TV out is also pretty good, giving good color, and a fairly sharp picture for composite.