emulators or gamepad input problem?

Ask anything your want about Megadrive/Genesis programming.

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

SeregaZ
Interested

emulators or gamepad input problem?

Post by SeregaZ » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:04 pm

as you know, when you press and hold any keyboard button - for example A - when you press, it write A, hold button, a little pause, then start spam that button AAAAAAAAAAA. it is same work with array buttons? when i play Mortal Kombat 3 and choice Liu Kang. as you know he have some special movements forward, forward, X or forward forward A, forward forward Z... so when i press and hold forward button, just to come closer to enemy and start kick him with X - it start fireball. so it means arrows work as forward forward forward forward forward - always spam that button, not as hold button, i mean press once and hold. is that emulator problem? or maybe windows problem? or keyboard or gamepad? for my programm language i know some press button and unpress events. so it is different events. maybe emulator not have this? just only press and spam, but no hold? or maybe you are know some another emulator without this problem? i use Fusion and Gens. i have two ali's sega like game pad. and i have wheel with driver. and keyboard. they all have this problem. especialy it can be see - when you jump to enemy and press X to kick by arm. it will start fireball :)

Sik
Very interested

Re: emulators or gamepad input problem?

Post by Sik » Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:06 am

Something is definitely broken and it's not the emulators.

You'll need to figure out what's interrupting the inputs (faulty keyboard, maybe?)
Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick".