Shinobi arcade port

Ask anything your want about Megadrive/Genesis programming.

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

tryphon
Very interested

Shinobi arcade port

Post by tryphon » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:01 am

I think I never talked about my project here, which is a shame since this forum got me the most valuable advices about Megadrive programming.

I've started some years ago a port of the 1987 Shinobi arcade game on Megadrive. Back in the days I was in love with this game, and I thought it was really sad Sega did not port it to his 16 bits console, even if we had wonderful Shinobi games instead. So when I thought about making a game on Megadrive, I naturally decided to fix this mistake :)

I progress very slowly because everyday life stuff and lack of skills, but after some years, it now begins to look like a game 8)

Here's a demo, with only 4 levels (but all levels have already been implemented) and a bonus stage. No scoring, no magic, no bosses, no GUI, but you have 3 lives. Freeing hostages is not needed to access next stage.

Shinobi Demo 3.0

My next goal is to implement bosses, then magic. Feel free to comment any bug you encounter, or remark.

Pyron helped me a lot for colouring, Stef for coding (the games is entirely written in SGDK C and uses XGM sound engine), Upsilandre and Touko helped for beta-testing.

Merry Christmas !

Miquel
Very interested

Re: Shinobi arcade port

Post by Miquel » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:39 pm

Congratulations! Good job.
Last edited by Miquel on Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HELP. Spanish TVs are brain washing people to be hostile to me.

haroldoop
Very interested

Post by haroldoop » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:53 am

Awesome project, keep up the good work!

danibus
Very interested

Post by danibus » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:32 pm

Nice project, can't wait to see bosses