SGDK Installation - Multiple Target Patterns error

SGDK only sub forum

Moderator: Stef

_NetNomad

SGDK Installation - Multiple Target Patterns error

Post by _NetNomad » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:02 pm

Hello! I'm learning SGDK at the moment and I've gotten stuck embarrassingly early. I'm working through the basic Windows installation and have completed steps 1 through 4, but when I run "%GDK_WIN%\bin\make -f %GDK_WIN%\makelib.gen" in my SGDK directory I get hit with "makelib.gen:42: *** multiple target patterns. Stop." I did have a previous version of GCC installed like step 4 cautions about, but getting rid of that didn't seem to make any difference. I've been reading about other non-SGDK instances of this problem but they all seemed to be syntax errors in the make file, but I haven't altered makelib in any way. The only instance I found of anyone having this problem in SGDK, the solution given was to follow the installation instructions. Does anyone know what could be causing this/any potential fixes? Thank you for reading and sorry in advance for what is probably such a stupid n00b question

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Re: SGDK Installation - Multiple Target Patterns error

Post by Chilly Willy » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:51 am

You need to follow the steps precisely. Skipping any or doing them incorrectly will cause problems. If you follow them precisely, it will work - I set up and ran the Windows version a little while back when figuring out why the light gun support got broken, and I can assure you, those directions do work as they are written.

If I were to guess, the problem is this from step 4 - "Be careful, if you have another GCC installation you can have some conflicts when cc1 command will be called..."

_NetNomad

Post by _NetNomad » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:25 pm

Chilly Willy wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:51 am
You need to follow the steps precisely. Skipping any or doing them incorrectly will cause problems. If you follow them precisely, it will work - I set up and ran the Windows version a little while back when figuring out why the light gun support got broken, and I can assure you, those directions do work as they are written.

If I were to guess, the problem is this from step 4 - "Be careful, if you have another GCC installation you can have some conflicts when cc1 command will be called..."
Thank you for your reply! If I got rid of the previous GCC directory, is there anything else I'd have to do to prevent the cc1 conflict? Or is a clean windows install the only way to go about it?

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:16 pm

Move the bin path for SGDK to before the gcc path in the PATH environment variable.