compile error:" c++ compiler not installed on this system"

SGDK only sub forum

Moderator: Stef

segaMars

compile error:" c++ compiler not installed on this system"

Post by segaMars » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I am new to SGDK but not to programing as I am currently working as a system developer using mostly C# and javascript.
Playing Mega Drive a as child made me start dreaming about one day be able to develop my very own games for the system, which made me intersting in coding and lead me into a my current carrer. I also been working with game devloment in Unity 3D engine. I learned about this community some years ago but havent got mutch time until now. So I am very happy and excited about finally start making games for Mega Drive.

Anyway. I followed this nice tutorials about how to install everything and configure Code Blocks:
https://sites.google.com/a/db-elec.com/ ... /tutorials

Then I followed the tutorials in the wiki for hello world and tiles. So far so good, the project is compile and output a a file which also works great in the Gens emulator.
The problem comes when I try to compile the spritesmind demos (http://gendev.spritesmind.net/page-demos.html), when I build its fails and give me this error: "gcc: C:\Dev\Tutorials\testDebomer\src\DEMINEUR.C: C++ compiler not installed on this system"

Code: Select all

-------------- Build: default in testDebomer (compiler: SGDK)---------------

gcc.exe -Wall -O2  -c C:\Dev\Tutorials\testDebomer\src\AHHH.S -o out\src\AHHH.o
gcc.exe -Wall -O2  -c C:\Dev\Tutorials\testDebomer\src\CHARSET.S -o out\src\CHARSET.o
gcc.exe -Wall -O2  -c C:\Dev\Tutorials\testDebomer\src\DEMINEUR.C -o out\src\DEMINEUR.o
gcc: C:\Dev\Tutorials\testDebomer\src\DEMINEUR.C: C++ compiler not installed on this system
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 3 second(s))
0 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 3 second(s))

I not sure I imported the files correctly but what I did was to create a new empty project within the same workspace as my 'hello world' project (which can compile/build), then right click at it and selected 'Add files' and did selected all files in its src-folder. Then left click the project and select 'build'.
I googled it and found that it could be cased by several reasons but I feel I want to check with you guys before I mess up any configurations.

Thank for any help! :)