Very interested

por favor mac os x port

Post by greatkreator » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:11 pm

8% market share operating system should be served
please

Nemesis
Very interested

Post by Nemesis » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:40 am

While I don't have plans myself to make a Mac OS port, I welcome contributions from others who may want to help out in this regard when the sourcecode is released. The emulation cores, and the emulation platform themselves, are platform independent, and the GUI is well separated from the rest of the code. I'm actively doing work on improving this separation too before the source release, so it'll be possible to provide alternate GUI's for Exodus which can exist side by side, and be developed and released separately to the main development of the emulation platform itself. I'm keen to build a WPF-based interface for windows for example which has a Visual Studio style docking system and more standardized debug windows.

In terms of supporting other platforms, no code should have to change at all in the emulation cores or the emulation platform. All that should be required to compile for Mac OS is be some work in the support libraries to provide alternate ways of accessing various things, in particular files, on the Mac. These sections of code are well contained and can easily be made cross-platform with some pre-processor macros in a few key places providing differing implementations for windows and mac. This would get you the ability to compile the sourcecode and theoretically run the emulator, although with no GUI. From that point, you'd just need to implement a new GUI for the emulator.

greatkreator
Very interested

Post by greatkreator » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:50 am

Very good. I can help with the mac os x version.