Regen 0.97 and 0.97D

AamirM's Regen forum

Moderator: AamirM

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:11 pm

And how about a Scanline filter?
Hmm.. i think this is wrong way to simulate TV, because i notice some another things, if scanline work with horizontal, but why no vertical too?
yeah i try to use another known plugins like a "bilinearplus.rpi" but they cause some problems with Game Gear games plus big border at right side of screen on Genesis games.

I still use plugin Hq2xS (Nitsuja) it very good filter without any glitches and speed problems.

Damn! i again forgot to ask!

Regen will be have support Sega 32x system?
I have three games for this platform ;-)

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:16 pm

AamirM

Good! i really will be wait fixed version :D

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:19 pm

Shadow wrote:Regen will be have support Sega 32x system?
The 32X is a completely different beast (along with the Sega CD). Not easy to do, at all. I'm sure if Aamir does it, it'll have a lot of trial and error involved and may not be perfected for some time to come.

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:32 pm

King Of Chaos

You right! my game Knuckles Chaotix have some speed problems, and
sometimes strange glitches: then selected characters go to next level in black screen.

Spiderman, appear strange slowdowns and may hang on first level at middle of level, i try all versions of Kega Fusion but not solved this problem.

I almost forgot: I in last night send e-mails to Steve Snake, and i really worry, due to strange hangs in mail.ru free service, it may not work sometimes! He got my e-mails?

In advance thanks :D

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:52 pm

I noticed something strange intonations in PSG: i tested it in Sonic and Knuckles, this is more accurate work or bug?
This is like a Virtual effects! very cool, but i worry about it.

For testing listen Sound Test: 2C and 25

This is right or no? I forgot how it play on real thing ;-)

Zoomer
Interested

Post by Zoomer » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:03 pm

Hey Aamir! I'm still around here. Got your new build. Looks and sounds fantastic! Thanks for your work :) The archive browser is also great. Just as I've imagined it, thanks for fulfilling my request ;)

I'll be testing it for the next few days and maybe will come up with report (I am waaay too lazy hehe). What can I say right now. On an Intel Core Quad 9550 with the Radeon 5870 in Windows 7 x64 it works great. FPS is stable and there are no problems associated with Windows 7 (that means It'll also work smoothly in Windows Vista), its UAC or desktop composition.

Keep it up!
Last edited by Zoomer on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:10 pm

Regarding Sonic & Knuckles sounds:

I've listened to both 25 and 2C in Regen (and Kega) without the PSG boost (all default settings, with SuperHQ on) sounds fine to me. :P
Shadow wrote:You right! my game Knuckles Chaotix have some speed problems, and
sometimes strange glitches: then selected characters go to next level in black screen.
Doesn't this happen on the real hardware sometimes? Or perhaps you're using a bad ROM copy of it.
Shadow wrote:Spiderman, appear strange slowdowns and may hang on first level at middle of level, i try all versions of Kega Fusion but not solved this problem.
Check your ROM. I just played the game (Spider-Man - Web of Fire (32X) (W) [!]) and the first level is fine. :P
Shadow wrote:I almost forgot: I in last night send e-mails to Steve Snake, and i really worry, due to strange hangs in mail.ru free service, it may not work sometimes! He got my e-mails?
Not sure, I would suggest posting to him on the Kega forums on Eidolon's Inn but it's currently down right now.

xZabuzax
Interested

Post by xZabuzax » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:25 pm

King Of Chaos wrote:Know what I'd like to see? A "stripped" emulator with only the basics and no special features. Be as close to the real hardware as possible. :P
Ohh sure.... now i get it... an emulator with only the "Open Rom" , "Reset" and "Exit Emulator" option...

Yep, i agree with you, that would totally be an "awesome emulator", im looking forward to use "such" awesome emulator in all it's awesomeness glory. :D

But at the same time you are right, "Connectix Virtual Game Station" is the kind of emulator you are describing an that emulator is damn awesome and is still one of the best psx emulator in my opinion.

Anyways you DO have a point, but i also have a point too. But you have to agree that most peoples will preffer an emulator with features on it, especially features like a "fast forward" option.

If you have 2 emulators that could run the same thing, 1 with features and another without features, at least 90% of peoples will go for the emulator with features.

Anyway i tip my hat for you for being an "old school badass", if you don't use any feature at all (like fast forward) you are very brave.

Edit: Nothing personal against you King Of Chaos, i was just a bit bored and i needed someone for a friendly "Debate".

I can improve my english like this you know... :)
________
ALASKA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY
Last edited by xZabuzax on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:39 pm

King of Chaos

I just want to do experiment!
You may adjust PSG to 1.40 and enable Boost PSG Noise plus activate in Sound Driver E.Q to Jazz?
I just want to show how it work on my TV set "JVC"
It will be very close to my first Mega Drive 2 (Made in Japan!)
Another consoles made in Taiwan and China. ;-)

In my last messages i write about modification my consoles, i do this because they not have recommended settings of PSG. And i try to fix problems. I not trust taiwan and china production because they do changes without asking original creators of Mega Drive 2 (Japan)
They delete support of Sega CD! and make special switcher named "mega key" for change regions for example: Usa, Eur, Jap.
This is no legal things right? I not trust taiwan and china at all!
This is they fault! i can't connect Sega CD device! and at present time no have any Sega CD games! :-( and can't to help with testing for Kega Fusion.

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:54 pm

xZabuzax

I not use quick save states, fast forward, decrease speed, and any another cheat features, because my games very easy for me!
I always play my good games 16 hours in day!

xZabuzax you from Russia?

xZabuzax
Interested

Post by xZabuzax » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:17 pm

Shadow wrote:xZabuzax

I not use quick save states, fast forward, decrease speed, and any another cheat features, because my games very easy for me!
I always play my good games 16 hours in day!
You too? how many badasses actually do that brave thing... but i'm sure you dudes MUST use it a couple of times to get past the same parts over and over again... you can't be a 100% badass, being a 98% badass with a little "fast forwarding" won't hurt :) .
Shadow wrote: xZabuzax you from Russia?
Nope, i'm from Dominican Repbublic. I'm Latino. (I speak Spanish).

Edit:
Shadow wrote: main problem of kega fusion is PSG Noise it very silently!
i really picky about this thing, because i love PSG
Plus in Regen you may adjust it for your taste :wink:
Didn't you said you wanted to have control on the "PSG" sound option?

Then you are on the same boat as me my friend :D.
________
Yamaha Grizzly 600 Specifications
Last edited by xZabuzax on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:28 pm

I am super gamer! and i can finish! Sonic and knuckles for 34 minutes and don't loose ring's, if some one send me cheat which disable rings protect, if enemy hit Sonic he die, no matter if Sonic have rings!
Plus correct cheat for disable Super Sonic in all Sonic games!

I can finish High Seas Havoc in expert mode!

No i no badass, i just Very Dark but Good Shadow the Hedgehog!
I may say bad words, accusing, but i always do Good things!
And extremely friendly! ;-) Yes very hard to understand me!
No one know what i may write in next time! :D

edc2008

Post by edc2008 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:55 pm

It just stops the flickering Smile . Though I can try to add support for real 3D glasses if you want (but no guarantees).
That won't be necessary unless you really want to do it. It's not like theres a huge library of 3D games and they're not particularly that good.

I'm sure you have much more important features you want to work on rather than this trivial one :)

Keep up the good work!

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:56 pm

Only time I use save states is if I spot a possible emulation bug so I can post it for the author, otherwise I don't use it.

Regarding the cheats for Sonic & Knuckles, I've actually updated them. Also, make sure you're using the right region - I never hacked the E or J region versions, just U or W.

I'll post the updates later. :P

xZabuzax
Interested

Post by xZabuzax » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:16 pm

King Of Chaos wrote:Only time I use save states is if I spot a possible emulation bug so I can post it for the author, otherwise I don't use it.
What about the "fast forward" option... come on... don't tell me you don't use it even on the "LONG" intros that you have seen a dozen times already and you want to get past it and start the thing.

I mean you can't seriously be the "Chuck Norris" on gaming and be 100% faithful do you? :wink:
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA DOCTOR
Last edited by xZabuzax on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.