Where is your very first Megadrive/Genesis now?

Talk about anything else you want

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

hotrodx
Very interested

Where is your very first Megadrive/Genesis now?

Post by hotrodx » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:18 pm

I had a model 1 MegaDrive, which I bought just before Sonic 2 arrived. I remember having Sonic 1, 2. SOR2, TMNT, Gaiares, Super Hang On, Chakan, Tiny Toon Adventures, Mazin Saga, and Galaxy Force II.

I sold it (with the carts) much later to add some money to buy a Saturn.

My adult self regrets selling them. Sure, I can play these on emulators, but it would have been nice if I've kept them and handed them down to my kids.

Do you still have your first Megadrive?

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Re: Where is your very first Megadrive/Genesis now?

Post by Chilly Willy » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:27 pm

I bought a Gen2 + CD2 back in 1992. It's sitting on a TV stand not 5 feet away from me. In 1994, I got a 32X for it, and it's all still working fine. I use it for most of my dev checking. The sound isn't as good as a CDX I got later, but it's good enough for testing.

Miquel
Very interested

Post by Miquel » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:28 pm

Around the launch of Sonic 3 in Europe I bought my first MegaDrive, in fact I changed a used GameGear with several games for a new MegaDrive with Sonic 1, 2 & 3.
Muuuuuch later I overclocked the cpu to 2x the stock speed, and a few months later the 68K said that’s enough and stop working. Since then is stored waiting for a cpu replacement that have never took place.
That’s the sad history of my 1st MegaDrive, but don’t worry, I have more specimens to play with. ;)
HELP. Spanish TVs are brain washing people to be hostile to me.

Huge
Very interested

Post by Huge » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:37 am

The first one has been sold for a Saturn a long time ago.

The second one, which is the one I bought from my own money, has been my primary unit for 20 years now. Over the years it was enhanced by a couple of mods and has been recapped.

bioloid
Very interested

Post by bioloid » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:46 pm

Always wanted to have one when I was kid, but my parents didnt let me.
Got mine years ago when in belgium, it was the sonic 1 boxed, got it nearly 30€.
But it wasn't the best soundchip so i ordered 2 others next, and played with mods, they have differents output so I think I'll keep both.