Genesis/Mega Drive rebuild project

For hardware talk only (please avoid ROM dumper stuff)
Mask of Destiny
Very interested

Post by Mask of Destiny » Tue May 21, 2013 5:17 am

inu wrote:1 - It's annoying that the PAUSE button is on the console instead of the controller. It might be an inherited console design fault, on how the system is halted or something, but it's probably worth a quick check just to see how much would need to be changed to make it work from the controller.
The SMS pause button is hooked up to the non-maskable interrupt on the Z80. Should be possible to trigger it from the start button if you have a micro-controller intercepting the controller signals like uprock7 suggests.

inu
Very interested

Post by inu » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:31 pm

Hope uprock7 shows up with a lot of good news for everyone this summer.

But, in the meanwhile just had to link this thread to the Service Manuals as well, seems very appropriate.
http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/sh ... ce-Manuals

Also considered everything, and gotta admit, a Neptune sounds much more appealing than a 3-in-1 (well, still kind of 3-in-1 if we count with the Master System compatibility and fixes I guess), at least for now, while there is so much stuff to try and test to fix, just getting rid of all that cabling between the MD and the 32X (and the cabling INSIDE the 32X) would be a dream!

Munkyears
Very interested

Re: Genesis/Mega Drive rebuild project

Post by Munkyears » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:57 pm

Sorry for resurrecting a 7 year old post, did you ever get any further with this? I'm currently breadboarding a genesis and would love to hear your own ideas!

Cheers!
To be this good takes ages, To be this good takes Stef, Kanedafr, ChillyWilly & everyone who has helped me discover what hardwork is!

Dive into the SpritesMind! :)