Forum problems

Importante releases or news for the communauty

Moderator: KanedaFr

AamirM
Very interested

Forum problems

Post by AamirM » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi,

I don't know if its just me but I've been having some major problems accessing the forums for quite some time now. Here are the issues I am noticing:

1) Opening/accessing any page will take FOREVER (read: never) to load up. The browser will show that it is loading the page but it never does. Refreshing the page while its being loaded loads the page correctly and instantly.

2) Opening/accessing any page sometime fails with a connection time out error. As with the above problem, just refreshing it makes it work correct.

3) Today I received a notification in my email inbox that a private message has arrived although there was none.

I've checked this on three different browsers using at least five different computer and different ISPs. All have the same problem.

Just wanted to know if its just me or are there really some problems.

stay safe,

AamirM

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:34 pm

I don't have any of listed problems, the forum always works fast.

Funny thing, though, I've got mail few days ago that I've recieved PM on some other phpbb-based forum, but there was no PM actually.

AamirM
Very interested

Post by AamirM » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:59 pm

Ah... I guess the problem is related to something here.

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 am

Yeah, no problems here either.

Flygon
Very interested

Post by Flygon » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:24 am

I have also been experiencing these errors... except the PM box one, so you're not exactly alone.

Gee, what a first post. :lol:

AamirM
Very interested

Post by AamirM » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:49 pm

Flygon wrote:I have also been experiencing these errors... except the PM box one, so you're not exactly alone.

Gee, what a first post. :lol:
So it was not a bogus report then :). Anyways, I wonder what is causing this problem and if it can be fixed.

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Still no problems from my end. Might be whoever is your DNS... I had that problem myself once. Had to switch who did the DNS until they fix their database problems.

notaz
Very interested

Post by notaz » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:17 am

Had it happen a few times, need to press "stop" and "reload" to get it loaded, or else it just hangs. It feels like the server sometimes drops the incoming request.