MDFourier: An audio analysis tool for game comparing Mega Drive/Genesis audio

Importante releases or news for the communauty

Moderator: KanedaFr

Artemio
Interested

MDFourier: An audio analysis tool for game comparing Mega Drive/Genesis audio

Post by Artemio » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:20 pm

I've busy for the last few months with this project that will be integrated into the 240 Test Suite. I am excited to hear what you guys think, and how I can improve it.

Here is a small description of what it is:
MDFourier is an open source software solution created to compare audio signatures and generate a series of graphs that show how they differ. The software consists of two separate programs, one that produces the signal for recording from the console and the other that analyses and displays the audio comparisons.

The information gathered from the comparison results can be used in a variety of ways: to identify how audio signatures vary between systems, to detect if the audio signals are modified by audio equipment, to find if modifications resulted in audible changes, to help tune emulators, FPGA implementations or mods, etc.
And this is the kind of output it can give, comparing a Sega Genesis Model 1 VA3 vs a Sega Nomad:
sample1.png
sample1.png (115.26 KiB) Viewed 71978 times
And this is a VA3 with Sega CD compared to a Model 2 VA1.8 with Sega CD:
sample2.png
sample2.png (130.12 KiB) Viewed 71978 times
Please check out http://junkerhq.net/MDFourier for the full documentation, interpretation informatiom and downloads.