Future of SpritesMind

Importante releases or news for the communauty

Moderator: KanedaFr

matteus
Very interested

Re: Future of SpritesMind

Post by matteus » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:59 pm

Where do these spats take place? Clearly not in the SGDK sub forum!

foobat
Very interested

Post by foobat » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:27 pm

I'll take over hosting of spritesmind if you ever get sick of it, KanedaFr. Wouldn't bother me a bit. I've got a few other servers online for various reasons and the hosting fees wouldn't be a problem for me.

I have worked with other users in SpritesMind on projects. A hardware project and not a game, but it was just as fun.

dink
Interested

Post by dink » Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Maybe I'm a bit late to join, but this place has been incredibly helpful to me. All of the old posts and data/info re MD emulation and the intricacies of such... well, I'd hate to see it go away!
It might not be the most active forum in the universe, but I do like to check it several times a day.

best regards,
- dink / fbalpha dev

greatkreator
Very interested

Post by greatkreator » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:39 pm

And what's the result?
To be or not to be?

Matej
Very interested

Post by Matej » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:28 pm

For me SM is best place for Sega MD/GEN on net.Forum,emulator,graphics tools.

Better question should be: "Future of MD/GEN".
There are millions of fans that didnt know that homebrew stuff and diy hw exist.They are playing old games...
Magazine will be fine.PDF or paper.Also game distribution.Some kind of wifi/ethernet flashcart+webshop like steam will makes sense in future.
Another cool stuff will be game editor for PC with simple script.Simply tool for 2D games...With bin,rom export.Easy for beginners.So 100 of new games will be here every year.Like game maker...

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:20 pm

Matej wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:28 pm
Simply tool for 2D games...With bin,rom export.Easy for beginners.So 100 of new games will be here every year.Like game maker...
Yay... hundreds of pong and tanks games. :lol:

Making games easy to make doesn't mean any more games worth playing than if they're hard(er) to make. It just means dozens of pong games that use fart sounds instead of boop-beep. Besides, there's already a program that makes it simple to make 32X visual novel games, and we haven't seen a flood of games. Even when it's easy to make a game, that doesn't mean it's EASY to make a game. Games still require a lot of work... unless you're just adding fart sounds to pong.

greatkreator
Very interested

Post by greatkreator » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:38 pm

Chilly Willy you are still with us!
And you are right as always.

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:07 pm

Just moved to a new house (1800 miles from the last). Still getting settled, but I am here. :D

And just because I don't think there will be lots of new games is no reason NOT to make it easier to make games. I'm just saying that one shouldn't expect tons of good games simply because it's easier to make games. I'd be happy if making it easier to make games resulted in a scant handful of good games. Maybe pong with fart sounds... :lol:

carpediem

Post by carpediem » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:22 pm

Hi gentlemen, this is my very first post here at SM and please allow me type a few words.

First, i'l like to introduce myself: i'm from Brazil , web and online / flash game programmer (light years from most of you and still a noob in MD programming). I'm a SEGA lover since master system era, and later genny / MD.
And like most of you, I always wondered how could I develop a game for the genny and back the 90's so I used to
dig into local libraries to find out any clue about programming with no success until I had notice of this forum existence.

And believe me, there's no other place with so many rich infos about md dev and other curious tips regarding sega universe.
Because of this forum I decided to separate a couple of hours to learn about the system, share something useful as most as I can
make my childhood dream come true and possibly make some money of course.

So making the story short: SM became a kind of ghetto where we can fraternize, celebrate small and big victories and help each other
to make the scene strong and alive. Mistakes we'll commit because is part of human evolution process. The most important is if you learnt something with the experience. So roll the bones, let's put our differences apart and keep this temple alive :)

PS: I'm still in doubt between sgdk and bex to rise some ideas from the grave ;)

thank you for your time, peace! :)
If i'ts greater than 0, is breathing or can do bankswitching, everything is possible :D