Eidolon's Inn going offline July 5th

Importante releases or news for the communauty

Moderator: KanedaFr

Christuserloeser
Very interested

Eidolon's Inn going offline July 5th

Post by Christuserloeser » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:37 pm

I heard Eidolon's Inn is scheduled to permanently go offline on July 5th.
It was the place where Pier Solar began, and there is tons of Sega info. Would someone host the site for archival purposes ?
http://www.DCEvolution.net - Gigabytes of free Dreamcast software for you

Nemesis
Very interested

Post by Nemesis » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:46 pm

Wow, the Inn is finally closing its doors. Truly the end of an era.

Perhaps the most useful thing to do would be making a complete downloadable mirror of the content. We don't need a live site of it anymore, just one you can browse and view all the current content. I've mirrored a lot of sites, but the inn is still on my "to-do" list. I'll try and do an archive before it goes offline.

Mask of Destiny
Very interested

Post by Mask of Destiny » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:15 pm

Apparently Eidolon has a static dump of the site already. I wonder if he'd be willing to share.

Also sounds like he wants to migrate at least some content to a new incarnation of the site if he can get enough help.

Anyway, I'm also willing and able to host a mirror. Not sure if I'll have time to get a local copy before the existing site goes down though. There's also some interesting history, including the earliest discussions of the Tavern RPG (Pier Solar before it was Pier Solar), from the old Tavern that's not in the current archive on Eidolon's site. Might be worth spending some time scraping archive.org for that, though I suppose it's less of an immediate concern.