Code: Select all

@:1 TBBPC3.MDX-@1

LFO: 128 64 64 0 0
CH:192   7   2   0   0 120   0
M1: 31   7   3   5   2  36   1   1   3   0   0
C1: 31   3   4   5   2  48   0   5   2   0   0
M2: 31   3   2   5   1  36   0   3   6   0   0
C2: 28  30   7   6   0   0   2   1   0   0   0
The first notes per channel in this voice played from the tracker won't be audible; all future notes will be. Exported VGMs play fine (in my own VGM player, at least); the instrument editor also works fine, and I'm pretty sure the MDX I got it from also has it work fine =P Sample vge file (WIP song I'm working on): http://idisk.mac.com/pietro10-Public/so ... 202011.vge

Also what is different in the VGI instrument file format compared to TFI? Thanks.

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:15 am

Instrument editor does not work fine with this instrument too. Notes are silent right after reset, instrument editor uses separate emulated 2612 that could be reset with Shift+Esc.

It seems that AR of operator 4 is out of range, although it is displayed as proper value (just change it to the same value). You probably imported it? It could be importer problem.

VGI stores AMS/FMS parameters in an extra byte.

TomyS

Post by TomyS » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:00 am

andlabs, change the rate scaling (RS) in operator #4 to 1 in your sample file. It makes the notes work, but.. changes the sound a little.
I've had a similar problem with instruments' first notes sounding different than the rest, and it's usually something to do with the rate scaling.

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:49 am

AR and RS are located in the same YM2612 registers and stored in a single byte, that's how them related. This is a bug that they affecting to each other, I'll check this later.

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:00 pm

After some investigation, I can't find anything editor-related that could cause this bug. It does not occur in TFM MM, and not much has been changed in instrument editor code. Furthermore, instrument test and player are separate independent pieces of code. Parameters of the instrument are correct. The only guess I have for now is that it may be some bug in YM2612 emulation code (introduced at some point by me or someone else) that only happens with certain parameters. As I don't really understand all the logic there, I can't figure it out.

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:16 pm

Download VGM Music Maker v1.1 (2.10M)
The docs wrote:1.1 15.11.11

* A fix in FM2612 emulation suggested by ValleyBell
* PSG channels frequency is set in init, to set default fine pitch of PSG noise channel
+ Export module as a text file
* TFD export has been broken
* Noise mode display instead of notes in the PSG noise channel
* Change slot TLs feature changed into Change volume
* Minor interface tweaks
* Pan settings are detected the same way as instruments and volumes while editing
+ PAL, NTSC, and custom clock frequencies and frame rates support
+ Sample retrigger, cut, and delay effects (Q9x, QCx, QDx)
* Some fixes in VGM export and looping
* Special mode of FM3 has been not audible in the editor
+ Optional default instrument
+ Optional support of VGM 1.60
+ Clear song function, clears patterns but leaves instruments and samples intact
+ FM/PSG volume balance customization
The bug with AR and RR is not fixed yet.

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:36 am

Please redownload the file, there was a bug in VGM exporter (screwed tags and 1.50) introduced in last minute.

andlabs
Very interested

Post by andlabs » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Would you mind releasing an specification of the vge file format? I would like to write a program that converts VGE files to Sik's echo sound driver's format. Thanks.

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Is it really necessary? There is text export, which is much easier to parse than VGE.

andlabs
Very interested

Post by andlabs » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:33 pm

Derp I didn't see that =P I'll give that a try then, thanks :)

petersemoll

Post by petersemoll » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:25 am

Hi shiru.., Its working great. Its much better than I expected. Instrument and sample editor are very nice.It has full sound capabilities support, including FM, PSG and DAC. I am eagerly waiting for your next version.

CosmoBuggi
Interested

Post by CosmoBuggi » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:18 am

The AMS/FMS work in the instrument editor, but how do you get them to work in the patterns mode?

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:25 am

You need to enable LFO and set its frequency in the song using an effect. Instrument editor has LFO always enabled and set to 3.
The docs wrote:Lxy - Set LFO

Enables or disables the LFO and sets its frequency if enabled. Zero xy disables LFO, with non-zero x you can set frequency of the LFO using y 0..7 (0 is slowest, 7 is fastest).

kramlat

feature suggestion

Post by kramlat » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Add import support for these:
Fast Tracker II (.xm)
Scream Tracker (.s3m)
Impulse Tracker (.it)

that would make thing a hell of a lot easier to work with since your tracker supports variable length patterns and octaves only supported by those. I lose all notes below the 3rd octave trying to convert impulse tracker modules to pro tracker ones.

Additionally it would be nice if this was supported for import as well:
SMPS (.bin)
SMPS ASM (.asm)

that one would allow people to migrate from hacked sonic1 and sonic3 sound drivers to your own.

it is optional to support import of this:
MIDI (.mid;.rmi)

reason: if the tracker formats above are supported then we could always import midis into the tracker export a .xm/.s3m/.it and load it into your tracker, but with midi support, we dont even have to do that. Though that would require a default bank with 128 voices in it, one for each GM instrument as well as a way to rip drums from midi.dls and to load a generic voice on PSG channels. Likely at the moment midi support is not what I would see as high priority, though support for all popular tracker formats is.

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:41 am

Sorry, but I'm not interested in this. It is a tracker, not a converter, after all. The whole point of it is to allow create new music.