Regen and HTPC

AamirM's Regen forum

Moderator: AamirM

RedTop

Regen and HTPC

Post by RedTop » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:46 am

I would like to use Regen with my HTPC. This means I have to be able to pick a game from a list and Regen would start transparently to the user. In order to do this two things are necessary: start a game from the commandline and start fullscreen.

I have tried to start a game from the commandline. According to the readme the correct syntax is:

Code: Select all

regen game_name
Unfortunately I cannot get this to work. I have tried several variations, but I have not found the correct command. Could you help me out?

It is also important that the emulator starts in fullscreen. I haven't been able to do this. Is there an option I could add to the regen.ini file, or perhaps a commandline option?

Info:
http://www.team-mediaportal.com/files/D ... Emulators/

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-em ... ons-44459/

AamirM
Very interested

Post by AamirM » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi,

Sorry for quite a bit late reply but I just finished adding this feature :) . So it will be available in next release (or beta).

stay safe,

AamirM

RedTop

Post by RedTop » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:17 pm

Thank you very much. If I manage to get it going in combination with Mediaportal I'll be pluggin' your emulator as the best choice for genesis emulation. ;)

Thanks again, appreciate it!

RedTop

Post by RedTop » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:12 am

Hello Aamir,

I finally had time (three years down the track) to try and set up my HTPC for emulators. I'm using Advanced Launcher for XBMC.

The read me says:
================================================================================
Command Line
================================================================================

You can also load games from the command line. The syntax is:

regen [--fullscreen] game_name
I couldn't get this to work at first until I discovered it doesn't play nice with zipped games. Maybe you could update the readme this. I got it to work using:
regen --fullscreen sonic.gen
Using brackets around fullscreen does not work.

Thanks again! :)

AamirM
Very interested

Post by AamirM » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:26 pm

The brackets indicate that it is an optional parameter.