Old Regen pages

AamirM's Regen forum

Moderator: AamirM

AamirM
Very interested

Post by AamirM » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:30 pm

Hi,

Absolutely not. I hate hacks. If one still doesn' beleive I can even tell the solution too. The 68k instruction dbf needs to execute 14 cycles instead of 12. There you go :) .

stay safe,

AamirM

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:57 pm

Ooooh, can't wait to test the improved YM2612 core. 8)

AamirM
Very interested

Post by AamirM » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi,

I have decided to do a release as I think its good enough. Many of the front-end related feature requests haven't been done but I still wanted to release it because implementing them will take long time.

EDIT:

Released!

stay safe,

AamirM

Eke
Very interested

Post by Eke » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:34 pm

quite perfect, very nice work...

but the following games still seems to have problems (I think I already told you but this has been probably missed ;) ):
-Combat Cars 2player mode (interlaced) -> need proper VC (multiplied by 2 then bit 0 takes MSB)
- Time Killers (hangs after sega logo): don't like the 0x00 you return in the low byte when reading A11100h
- the 1536 color demo seems to be shaking badly

some more:
- Double Clutch (still some flickering on title menu)-> check accuracy of VDP FIFO timings
- Lotus 2 recs (line glitches at the bottom of the screen) -> Hint problem
-Micro Machines 2: zoomed Micromachine logo displayed instead of the vehicule image when starting a new challenge -> I once had this one, only happen when eeprom or jcart is emulated, It has been fixed it without I noticed but I think it has something to do with memory access (check VDP dma)
also, in this game, eeprom need to be initialized with 0xff, otherwise, you get %%%% in the characters name

Sorry to give you more work... I also had a lot of headache finding timings that will work with EVERY damn game :wink:

would be less difficult if we knew the exact timings/HVC values for each event (hblank,vblank, hint, vint... start & end)
Last edited by Eke on Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AamirM
Very interested

Post by AamirM » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi,

Damn.....How could I forget these :x . I better start working on the next version I guess.

stay safe,

AamirM

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:54 pm

Wow, the new sound core is amazing. I'd say it's about 98% accurate. But I swear I can hear slight differences in the music in Sonic 2/Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I'm not sure if this is just my ears hearing things (I don't think is is) or not. =P

I still have an issue sometimes where the sound will "skip" (and yes, I notice the FPS drops to 54FPS or 57FPS then back up). Is there anything that can be done to force a constant 60FPS? What do you think of a frame skipping feature idea like Gens has?

I'll be updating the bug list in a bit. :)

Good work as always! :)

Sik
Very interested

Post by Sik » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:23 pm

AamirM wrote:Absolutely not. I hate hacks. If one still doesn' beleive I can even tell the solution too. The 68k instruction dbf needs to execute 14 cycles instead of 12. There you go :).
So it's technically the game's fault? Ugh... I guess this also remarks the timings for the YM2612, right?

Anyways, I understand all problems with HInt because they have to be done very accurately, but the rest... Seriously, what were programmers thinking when making those games? Because obviously those games have problems because they do strange things they normally shouldn't :?
Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick".

rodolforg
Interested

Post by rodolforg » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:23 am

Oh my! So many things far away from me....
Any chance for Linux for newer versions? :cry:

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:35 am

Does not work under 98SE anymore !!!!!!! I get illegal operation error ...
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

tomaitheous
Very interested

Post by tomaitheous » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:38 am

AamirM wrote: Absolutely not. I hate hacks.
That's good to hear (just asking - you work fast :wink: )

AamirM
Very interested

Post by AamirM » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:17 pm

TmEE co.(TM) wrote:Does not work under 98SE anymore !!!!!!! I get illegal operation error ...
Hi,

Well, it won't. The readme clearly says you need WinXP or higher. Although I am not sure, but this version of Regen is crashing because it uses Unicode APIs which are not supported in Win9x. I am not sure again, but I think installing MSLU (Unicode layer for Win9x, just google it) may fix this problem.

stay safe,

AamirM

Sik
Very interested

Post by Sik » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:02 pm

Yup, Win9x need the Unicode support to be installed separately. Well, Win95. Not sure about Win98, maybe it comes built-in. MSDN always makes special remarks about Unicode versions of the functions for non-NT systems.
Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick".

AamirM
Very interested

Post by AamirM » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:15 pm

King Of Chaos wrote:Wow, the new sound core is amazing. I'd say it's about 98% accurate. But I swear I can hear slight differences in the music in Sonic 2/Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I'm not sure if this is just my ears hearing things (I don't think is is) or not. =P

I still have an issue sometimes where the sound will "skip" (and yes, I notice the FPS drops to 54FPS or 57FPS then back up). Is there anything that can be done to force a constant 60FPS? What do you think of a frame skipping feature idea like Gens has?

Are you running some other CPU/Hard disk heavy program alongside?

AamirM
Very interested

Post by AamirM » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:18 pm

Sik wrote:Yup, Win9x need the Unicode support to be installed separately. Well, Win95. Not sure about Win98, maybe it comes built-in. MSDN always makes special remarks about Unicode versions of the functions for non-NT systems.
Hi,

Well, even after installing MSLU it will not work. It requires me to link it with a special library to make Regen work in Win9x. I'll do it soon and post it.

stay safe,

AamirM

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:43 pm

AamirM wrote:
King Of Chaos wrote:Wow, the new sound core is amazing. I'd say it's about 98% accurate. But I swear I can hear slight differences in the music in Sonic 2/Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I'm not sure if this is just my ears hearing things (I don't think is is) or not. =P

Are you running some other CPU/Hard disk heavy program alongside?
Well, I have enough RAM and enough CPU, but it happens either way with or without resource heavy programs running.