Your gaming setup

Talk about anything else you want

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

evildragon
Very interested

Your gaming setup

Post by evildragon » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:03 am

Hope this wasn't done before.. Post a picture of your gaming setup.. I'll start it off...

here's my Dreamcast, which is situated at the foot of my bed.. (at night, it runs DC Linux, and runs my alarm clock)..

Incase your wondering what monitor that is, it's the first VGA monitor ever, the IBM 8512...

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site. ... XPG2Z.html

zinger
Very interested

Post by zinger » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:41 pm

Cool setup evildragon, I need to get a VGA box for my Dreamcast some day. :) Sharing some pictures of my arcade setups:

Taito Egret II 29" setup

Sega Astro City 29" setup

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:51 am

My gaming setup (game consoles):

Current star:

Other machines (That MD2 is FC clone):

MD and SMS carts:

FC carts:

PC used to do everything (including gaming and MD dev):

My Older PCs and and Russian amps:
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

commodorejohn
Very interested

Post by commodorejohn » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:21 am

Here's my gaming setup:

My monitor, an old chroma-luma/RGBI combo I got with my Commodore 128, which provides pretty nice composite video.

To the left of the monitor, my Nintendo, modified to disable the lockout chip when Super Mario 3 stopped working. (Yeah, that's 32X DOOM. No, I don't have a good excuse.)

To the right of the monitor, hanging partway off the desk, my Playstation, purchased for $7 at a garage sale about eight years after it became outdated.

On top of the monitor, my Sega setup, complete with Sega CD and 32X. Now if I could just get some six-button controllers...

I couldn't very well have it under the monitor (well, I could tape it to the underside of the desk, but the swap trick would be a lot harder,) so it's behind it. Sega Saturn: for when you absolutely must play some Street Fighter Alpha or Darkstalkers.

The magic of the whole setup: an A/V switcher, purchased for $5 at a thrift shop. No more cable-swapping, hooray! Left to right: NES, Genesis, Playstation (didn't have to tape a new label to this one,) Saturn, turntable (yes, I own a turntable and records.)

Not pictured: sub-mediocre $20 speakers, got 'em for $10 during a sale at Radio Shack, on either side of the monitor.

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:28 pm

Here's my Sega Genesis/CD/32X setup. Yes, that's an Amiga 1084 monitor. I'm using an RGB cable, so it looks awesome.

Over on the right, that's a Radica 6-in-1 Genesis game system. I have it hooked to the composite in on the 1084.

Kekun

Post by Kekun » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:41 am

zinger.

An Egret 2, an Astro City, Cannon Dancer...

... 3 good reasons to hate you :p .

zinger
Very interested

Post by zinger » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:54 am

Kekun wrote:zinger.

An Egret 2, an Astro City, Cannon Dancer...

... 3 good reasons to hate you :p .
:D I recently sold Cannon Dancer though. It's too expensive to have lying around. I've one credit-cleared it, and am pretty satisfied.