Mega-CD UniBios

Ask anything your want about Mega/SegaCD programming.

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

raq
Interested

Mega-CD UniBios

Post by raq » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:07 pm

Here is a 'hack' of the european Mega-CD BIOS v1.00 that bypasses the country code and CD protection. This is a very basic hack and there are a few 'glitches' with it. The two I know of (and can't do nothing about) are that if you use this BIOS on 60Hz machines (USA Genesis, JAP Mega Drive) there is a slight graphical glitch at the top of screen. The second glitch is when starting a JAP CD game you don't get your 'segaaa' screen so there is a slight pause when the game is loading. This has only been tested on the emulator KEGA with only a handful of games. Here's the link, valid for 60 days and 10 downloads

http://rapidshare.com/files/376273658/_ ... _.bin.html

Flygon
Very interested

Post by Flygon » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:19 am

I prefer Mediafire myself.

It won't expire, and has unlimited downloads. Unless, of course, I don't use my account for 90 days. :P

mic_
Very interested

Post by mic_ » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:01 am

Or get some proper hosting. Perhaps you can nag someone you know for some space if you don't need alot.
Back when I was a student and didn't exactly wade through piles of cash at home I only rented a domain for ~$10/year, and pointed it to a webserver that I was running on my own computer.
And if you don't want to leave your computer on 24/7, or you can't / don't want to get a static IP, or have crappy bandwidth at home you can rent hosting for $50-60/year, maybe even less.

ElBarto
Very interested

Post by ElBarto » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:10 am

It would be interesting (at least for the people on that board) to have to modified disassembled source code.
If some people here want hosting I can provide some space and an "nickname.megadrive.org" url.

Flygon
Very interested

Post by Flygon » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:40 am

Okay, I just did the best possible compression on it I could... and am confident that a 80kb 7z won't break my FileDen bandwidth limit.

I'm sure it's a pretty permanent link, but I should browse over the terms of use first.

Knock yourself out and don't DoS my FileDen account :P .

Edit: Never mind, they have a 60 day inactivity notice... but the hotlinking is a pretty nice bonus. :wink: