Regen 0.972 and 0.972D

AamirM's Regen forum

Moderator: AamirM

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:16 am

King Of Chaos wrote:Okay? I'm sure there's other important stuff needed for Regen first.
Okay :) completely agree my friend :wink:

Sega Mega Drive almost already most accurate, only left SRAM issues, Cheat codes, minor bugs in interface, region detection for GG\SMS, and bug in sound timing B.

I think 32x or Sega CD will be new features for Regen, and my ideas goes to end :P

motke

Post by motke » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:22 am

These GameGear titles glitch in ReGen 0.972 and work normally in Fusion:
Micro Machines 2 - Turbo Tournament (E).gg
Sonic The Hedgehog (Prototype) [!].gg

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:50 am

motke wrote:These GameGear titles glitch in ReGen 0.972 and work normally in Fusion:
I got this problem too, game title work with glitches, and after few seconds Regen crash...

Varkalas

Post by Varkalas » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:25 pm

Bug: Rings of Power save functionality has reverted to broken status.
Varkalas D`Lonovan

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:58 pm

PGA Tour Golf for SMS not work, after all options, i can't start game...

AamirM
Very interested

Post by AamirM » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:22 am

Bug: Rings of Power save functionality has reverted to broken status.
Ahh....thanks for reporting this rather major bug.
These GameGear titles glitch in ReGen 0.972 and work normally in Fusion:
Sonic The Hedgehog (Prototype) [!].gg
Thanks.
I already emulate my console on Regen 0.972, i need Mono in ini file for 100% emulation (currently only 90% without Mono)
Okay, I'll add the option for Mono output in the next release. ;)

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:34 am

AamirM wrote:
I already emulate my console on Regen 0.972, i need Mono in ini file for 100% emulation (currently only 90% without Mono)
Okay, I'll add the option for Mono output in the next release. ;)
Thanks my friend :)

dtech
Interested

Post by dtech » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:40 pm

Things I'd love to see improved/fixed in upcoming Regen:

* 68000 RAM/ROM edit could allow direct entry/writing into memory like in FCEUX for NES.
* For the current address and data entry there sould be not only byte but word entry available, too. I think, however, that such an entry is not necessary - more handy could be to leave this field as a "goto" field that places cursor in the pointed place in the hex view, so that new data can be entered directly starting from that place.
* Volume levels window could have a [reset] button.
* YM sound channel select window could also have tickbox to disable any/all of the PSG voices (so that only one particular FM voice can instantly be selected for solo without any other sounds interfering)
* There could be also a simple PSG debugger window that shows currently programmed values and some info, as well as ability to mute/solo any of the voices (or noise channel)
* Vertical interrupt frequency could be adjusted to be different from normal (for example ability to enter, say, exactly 20Hz or 1Hz) without afftecting much of anything else (HINT could appear as many as usual, just having longer retrace gap)
* z80 ram editor could also have this direct contents entry like in fceux.

Unlicensed cripple game "Baloon Boy" tells that cart is "illegal copy" (for some reason only in Regen, while works fine in kfusion). Not that this game is of any particular interest, yet it's an interesting little rare issue.
(Funnyworld-Balloon Boy (Unl) [b1].bin)

Same "illegal copy cartridge" error pops in "Whac-A-Critter"
(Whac-A-Critter (Unl) [!].bin)

Also some other unlicensed bootleg carts like "Harry Potter" and "Mulan" has issues with regen (like crashing 68k), while they run fine with kfusion.

Here are these four carts in a single zip to take a look:
www.dtech.lv/sega_dev/unl_craproms.zip

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:06 pm

dtech wrote:unlicensed bootleg "Harry Potter" has issues with regen (like crashing 68k), while they run fine with kfusion.
In Regen.ini change value: EmulateLockups=1 to 0

I think feature: Color Borders for Mega Drive will be very cool for Regen, and also color dots like on real thing ;)

Example:

dtech
Interested

Post by dtech » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:58 pm

And I almost forgot:

* In Z80 memory viewer, if you scroll past real 8k memory and (probably) 68k mem window, you get the regen to crash softly (just close)

* Z80 memory view should show where does currently the z80-->68k window is set to point, there could also be an option to force it to point elsewhere

* Sprite Dump does not work correctly - quite frequently the stored BMPs have empty upper row of tiles.

The most obvious example could be load "Spheres", select sprite and [dump] www.dtech.lv/sega_dev/spheres.zip

And you get such BMPs while preview shows things fine.
www.dtech.lv/sega_dev/spheres_dump.bmp

* In FM Debugger, algorhithm graph does not show up until any other operator is selected.

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:23 am

Shadow wrote:I think feature: Color Borders for Mega Drive will be very cool for Regen, and also color dots like on real thing ;)
Pointless. What you see is what you'd get on the real hardware.

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:19 am

King Of Chaos wrote:
Shadow wrote:I think feature: Color Borders for Mega Drive will be very cool for Regen, and also color dots like on real thing ;)
This is need for emulating all aspects of real thing, i know this is useless but this is needed, Kega Fusion have these color borders! why not Regen?

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:08 pm

They're not color borders caused by the emulator - they're from the games which is how it is on the real hardware.

Shadow
Very interested

Post by Shadow » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:46 pm

King Of Chaos wrote:They're not color borders caused by the emulator - they're from the games which is how it is on the real hardware.
Of course, and in Kega Fusion and Retrocopy these borders emulated, + Retrocopy can display color dots on color borders :wink:

Ketsuban
Interested

Post by Ketsuban » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:35 pm

King Of Chaos wrote:
Behold, CRAM dots on real hardware. (This is from my capture card, hence it being a full 720x576 PAL shot.)

Nemesis has produced a demo which will draw lines on the screen using nothing but writes to CRAM. For accuracy with demos like that it is therefore necessary to emulate this VDP bug.