Game release, Uwol - Quest For Money

Announce (tech) demos or games releases

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

Morden
Interested

Post by Morden » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:43 pm

TmEE co.(TM) wrote:It also happens in a lot of commercial games, albeit only on overscan.
The very reason I reported this was because it was visible during gameplay. Plus, in NTSC mode it appears on the gameplay area, not off screen. Also, like I said before, this effect wasn't as visible in the Kolobok hack, which I played first. So when I switched over to Uwol, I could see the difference.

But I guess it's like Shiru says. It's not something that affects the game in any way. Also, it might be even less visible if the game is played on a CRT screen.

HardWareMan
Very interested

Post by HardWareMan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:51 pm

These dots are late CRAM updates (as TmEE already said). They always there - most of it is black, so they almost noticable. Video (watch 480p). On title screen they also present.

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:57 am

HardWareMan was the first tester, by the way.

HardWareMan
Very interested

Post by HardWareMan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:25 am

Shiru wrote:HardWareMan was the first tester, by the way.
Unfortunately, I tested the game as a whole, not paying attention to minor flaws. :3

Morden
Interested

Post by Morden » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:31 pm

In HardWareMan's video, the effect is BARELY visible. I probably wouldn't notice it at all if I wasn't looking for it, specifically. Weird. By the way, what hardware was used to test the game in that video [console / flash device]? I like the Norton Commander-esque menu.

HardWareMan
Very interested

Post by HardWareMan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:47 pm

Morden wrote:In HardWareMan's video, the effect is BARELY visible. I probably wouldn't notice it at all if I wasn't looking for it, specifically. Weird.
As I already told, becouse it has black color. I don't know why.
Morden wrote:By the way, what hardware was used to test the game in that video [console / flash device]? I like the Norton Commander-esque menu.
This one.

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:04 pm

I noticed a major bug that no one reported - sprites were not cleared after soft reset. So I fixed this bug and also (hopefully) the palette update. You can redownload files (game and source code) using links from the first post, it is v1.2 now.