Smallest 'Useful' MD ROM

Announce (tech) demos or games releases

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

snkenjoi

Post by snkenjoi » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:39 pm

Chilly Willy wrote:Sorry, but "loop: bra loop" demos are LAME, not interesting. You'd have a be a complete noob to think otherwise. Just telling it like it is. :twisted:

And to tell the truth, when someone comes along gushing about how fantastic such things are, yes, I DO have to be an arse about it. :wink:

Feel free to share your "exciting" potty training stories, but don't get mad at me when I laugh and point. :lol:
Where is the "loop: bra loop" demo that you're talking about? All the demos I posted actually do something. The thing I mentioned in my first post by someone else was in jest, not to be taken seriously as an attempt to make a small rom.

I think you're over exaggerating how I'm portraying this. I never said it was omg so amazing. I simply said it was cool and thought that people would be interested in it.

Apparently they are, and you seem to be the only one with some kind of problem.

HardWareMan
Very interested

Post by HardWareMan » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:22 am

Shiru wrote:If you have real 256 byte ROM, word 'SEGA' probably could be placed at $000, but if it is possible to make the code start somehow after that? I don't know 68K opcodes, what 'SEGA' would be as code?
Sure, we can use 256 byte ROM and place 'SEGA' at $000000 (or even 128 bytes or 64 bytes and etc, and it will be mirrored to $000100). But then, we need to re set stack pointer (a7), if we want to use it (so small demo can be created without any use of stack, isn't it?).

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:19 pm

Shiru wrote:If you have real 256 byte ROM, word 'SEGA' probably could be placed at $000, but if it is possible to make the code start somehow after that? I don't know 68K opcodes, what 'SEGA' would be as code?
It wouldn't matter. The 68000 starts by loading the long at 0 into the SSP, and 4 into the PC. So as long as 4 still pointed to your code, it wouldn't matter that the SSP got set to "SEGA". So I guess a smaller rom than 260 bytes could still work on TMSS as long as it mirrored over the range and had "SEGA" at 0.