Announce (tech) demos or games releases

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

ScroGer
Interested

Post by ScroGer » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:54 am

!!
Last edited by ScroGer on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ScroGer
Interested

Post by ScroGer » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:03 am

Last edited by ScroGer on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:27 am

You posted this in all your threads. We got it the first time - you're upset that no one is ranting about a couple simple demos done in BASIC. They're nice, but this demo thread is full of "nice" demos. Doing them in BASIC doesn't earn you brownie points. :lol:

Doing a game with NO RAM USAGE is a much harder task than a couple simple BASIC demos. Using the 32X to make an emulator is a much harder task. Considering they require C and assembly language skills, we're much more impressed than someone who knows how to "GOTO 10". I learned BASIC as a kid... now I use grownup languages. But don't feel bad - one day you too will grow up and learn an adult programming language. :wink:

:roll:

Jorge Nuno
Very interested

Post by Jorge Nuno » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:00 am

He is upset because he's not getting enough attention... I will put this simple: Tell me how many lines you've typed in, and I will tell the awesomeness of your program.

BTW those random numbers you talk about (In case you're interested) represent the buttons held, pressed and released, in that order of the 3 control ports. And guess what? I've written everything to do that, from the joypad read, computing button presses, uncompressing ASCII fonts and planemaps and displaying them. I've never said that my prog was anything special too.

Doing things in basic is much more easier and faster than ASM, and the functions are already there.

And TµEE already pointed out a weird behaviuor in your jump minigame, you could try to fix it and make the level longer.

fixed typo
Last edited by Jorge Nuno on Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christuserloeser
Very interested

Post by Christuserloeser » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:41 am

I actually was interested in these demos, but I really would prefer not to talk to a person that attacks others just because he doesn't get enough attention.
http://www.DCEvolution.net - Gigabytes of free Dreamcast software for you

ScroGer
Interested

Post by ScroGer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:46 am

Last edited by ScroGer on Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:47 am

A "scene" of developers is hardly going to be a wild party. Note the reactions in the YM2612 documentation thread - that's us going crazy. If you came here hoping for a wild party, you don't know developers. We're also hard to impress. I was writing "games" like yours in assembly on my Atari 400 over 25 years ago. I'm not going to rant and rave over something similar done in BASIC now. Not many here will.

That's not to say we don't appreciate your work. Anything new for the Genesis/et al is greatly appreciated. Just remember that we're developers - our appreciation doesn't include ranting or parades or hookers. If you get a "Good job," you've gotten high praise. Accept it for what it is.

ob1
Very interested

Post by ob1 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:47 am

Chilly Willy wrote:I was writing "games" like yours in assembly on my Atari 400 over 25 years ago. I'm not going to rant and rave over something similar done in BASIC now. Not many here will.
Well, I will !

No I'm kidding.

ScroGer
Interested

Post by ScroGer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Last edited by ScroGer on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

ScroGer
Interested

Post by ScroGer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:25 pm

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:28 pm

Now, go make something like Glass Breaker MD in BEX, without slowdown and sounds :P
Glass Breaker QB which is the original is written on Microsoft QuickBASIC 4.5, though it cheats and uses a little bit of assembly to get some decent GFX action going on :P
and I'm 19, started at 16, and Glass Breaker MD was my first hit :P

So yeah, when you make something in BEX that compares to at least my GBQB/GBMD then you have sometihng to brag about.....
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

ScroGer
Interested

Post by ScroGer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:10 pm

TmEE co.(TM) wrote:Now, go make something like Glass Breaker MD in BEX, without slowdown and sounds :P
Glass Breaker QB which is the original is written on Microsoft QuickBASIC 4.5, though it cheats and uses a little bit of assembly to get some decent GFX action going on :P
u got me there lol that was a great game man and is one of the few new games the MD....but most people are not like you, you are very active in the MD/gen community and I wish more people were like that...and I hope that you will start making more games.........

and also you are the only one that commented on my demos :P

I dont need attention I just think u guys need a kick in the ass to get the creative juices flowin

Eke
Very interested

Post by Eke » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:00 pm

how funny to be "kicked in the ass" by a 24 years old demo-maker doing is pre-puberty crisis :lol:

you have serious social issue
if you want more attention, try to be a a little more tolerant with people judging your work, even if you think you "are the best"

tomaitheous
Very interested

Post by tomaitheous » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:29 am

ScroGer: What is your problem? What other people do is non of your concern. People don't owe you or anyone else or the 'scene' anything - including demos, games, info, or helping others. It's a donated contribution. If you don't like it, then leave. There's a wealth of information for coding/hacking the Genesis/Megadrive here. That's worth more than any playable demo. And not to mention the demos we keep private. Probably like most others here, my stuff is kept private between a few dev scene'rs.

It's great that you feel the need to show off every little demo, that's built on someone else's hard work and library, as if it's the greatest thing since slice bread - but learn some self control. Your arrogance is unjustified (it never should be, but considering what you've show, even less so) and your lack of respect for other members regardless of their experience, is distasteful. Here's some other helpful hints; 1) Nobody thinks it's impressive when you mention smoking weed, and 2) type out 'ur' words lolz!!11!111!!.

ScroGer
Interested

Post by ScroGer » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:02 am