Gameboy on 32X

Announce (tech) demos or games releases

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

mic_
Very interested

Post by mic_ » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:32 pm

There already was a release (in february). But maybe you mean a new one..

I've changed a few things in the code from the first release. I sync the two SH2s less often, simplified the cpu decoding loop, implemented an event system, for example. Unfortunately after all that it no longer works on a real 32X, and I have no idea why because it works in both Fusion and Gens.

Then I got sidetracked by other projects, so I haven't worked on it for a month now. But maybe in another month I'll pick it up again.

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:21 pm

I've noticed that real hardware is much pickier about starting up that the emulators. I've changed my crt code to start up more reliably and add reset support as well. I should post my latest Wolf32X with the code. Reset is a small feature, but handy in some cases.

mic_
Very interested

Post by mic_ » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:47 am

In the meantime, I found this laying around. It's dated feb 24th, so it's from a few days after the original release. I just never posted about it anywhere because it was a pretty minor update.
It may be slightly faster, but nothing noticable really. At least I had fixed the joypad bug at that point iirc.