Unfinished platform game

Announce (tech) demos or games releases

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

tomaitheous
Very interested

Post by tomaitheous » Tue May 06, 2008 4:54 am

Cinco de mayo release? :D

Shiru: I have a question about the music. One of the instruments (lead) sounds like you have a low-pass filter that you're adjusting up and down as the instrument plays. How did you achieve that on the 2612!?

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Tue May 06, 2008 7:23 am

Very easy, I often use this effect. Just recently on SoundShock was posted link to video which explains that very clearly - see it.

Eke
Very interested

Post by Eke » Tue May 06, 2008 8:29 am

wow, very interesting video, thanks for the link :!:

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Tue May 06, 2008 9:41 am

Yes, that was the most awesome series on FM synth I've ever seen. Thanks!

Stef
Very interested

Post by Stef » Tue May 06, 2008 6:07 pm

Eke wrote:wow, very interesting video, thanks for the link :!:
Agreed =)
FM synthesis is cleverely explained and sounds less obscure for me now.

tomaitheous
Very interested

Post by tomaitheous » Wed May 07, 2008 1:03 am

Shiru: thanks for the link. I see he did that effect in the video :)

Sik
Very interested

Post by Sik » Thu May 08, 2008 2:34 am

OK, more stuff about the game:

Huh, little issues with robot physics ;) And don't ask me how I managed to shoot backwards, even I don't know o_o'

I also noticed that shoots that bounced still can hit robots. I wouldn't fix this through :P It can lead to some interesting tricks, and even could be used to make some weird bosses ;)

And last thing, try not to run objects if they're too far. All three robots continue being processed even if I'm in one side of the level and they're on the other side :/
Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick".

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Thu May 08, 2008 1:05 pm

Sik, first, I said about this bug in first post of thread, and named reason because it happens, and we even discussed it with you for half of topic. Second, this is just a WIP demo, there is many things which not implemented and many things must be changed for actual game.

Sik
Very interested

Post by Sik » Thu May 08, 2008 2:16 pm

I don't think that bug is caused by the compiler issue :P Still, it's easy to fix, I already know what's it doing wrong.

And please don't say anything against the suggestions, you should have seen how I was killed while I was making Sonic Action, I was asked for even worst things.

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Thu May 08, 2008 2:42 pm

Sik wrote:I don't think that bug is caused by the compiler issue :P
I don't care what you think.
Sik wrote:And please don't say anything against the suggestions
I don't say anything against suggestions, but I say for second time: don't teach me for basic things. I have many years of my own experience and I don't asked you for teach me.

Sik
Very interested

Post by Sik » Thu May 08, 2008 2:58 pm

Ugh...

OK, you all argue against me, why don't you just ban me and we're all happy?

tails92
Interested

Post by tails92 » Thu May 08, 2008 4:25 pm

Shiru, that was quite harsh. The fact that you have many years of experience doesn't mean anything; we never stop learning.
It doesn't matter if Sik said you something you already knew, this behaviour of yours is despisable.
And stop to be emo, Sik, almost nobody (except for a few ones) is arguing against you here, it's your impression.
As much as I dislike you for things that happened somewhere else (not starting an argument), I recommend you not to.

TulioAdriano
Very interested

Post by TulioAdriano » Thu May 08, 2008 4:48 pm

tails92 wrote:Shiru, that was quite harsh. The fact that you have many years of experience doesn't mean anything; we never stop learning.
It doesn't matter if Sik said you something you already knew, this behaviour of yours is despisable.
And stop to be emo, Sik, almost nobody (except for a few ones) is arguing against you here, it's your impression.
As much as I dislike you for things that happened somewhere else (not starting an argument), I recommend you not to.
I agree on him, Shiru, everyone knows that forums are public places and you can write things as you want, but politeness never hurt anyone. :?

Actully I have been observing a lot of unpoliteness not only from him but from other people as well. I don't feel offended or anything but I really feel sorry for people that do such things, since it only counts as negative image for them. :(

A big vote for the peace on the Genny dev community! :P

Sik
Very interested

Post by Sik » Thu May 08, 2008 7:08 pm

tails92 wrote:And stop to be emo, Sik, almost nobody (except for a few ones) is arguing against you here, it's your impression.
To be honest, the attitude here reminds me a lot of DIVSite, except this time I'm not acting like a n00b :/

Still, yep, Shiru was a bit harsh with that. But reminds me of certain green hedgehog >_>

EDIT: now that I think on it...
TulioAdriano wrote:Actully I have been observing a lot of unpoliteness not only from him but from other people as well. I don't feel offended or anything but I really feel sorry for people that do such things, since it only counts as negative image for them. :(
It isn't really the problem. But you were customed that everything was like stuck in doing nothing interesting, then I came and purpose all those weird ideas and you think they're too good to be possible because you aren't customed to big projects. If the situation was different, you would endorse them instead.

Also I was lurking a bit here before joining, and to be honest, before I registered the only decently active topic was the Regen one. I came and sudden of all there's a lot more of activity :P

tails92
Interested

Post by tails92 » Thu May 08, 2008 8:24 pm

The attitude here reminds you divsite? Except for some people that are harsh sometimes (you find that kind of people everywhere) I don't see anything wrong with this place.
And what is the "I have started activity and all interesting stuff here" arguments? There were decent topics, already.
And I don't see why TulioAdriano would have not supported you on the fact that some people here refer harshly sometimes, if you didn't allegedly generate activity like you say.
And seriously, some of the things you propose are too ambitious and impossible.
Like "megadrives will start getting sold again", "the second generation of md games", "everyone will start playing them".
"Ninja Fight isn't what I'd expect from 2gen! It's too simple".
Seriously, you are as far fetched and ambitious as always.
I've worked with you several times, and I know you like thinking about big and ambitious projects, while you release almost nothing in the end.
Both the games you programmed, weren't even released officially in their last form, but I had to release them with the note that the projects were dead.
If we *really* have to start an argument (we likely don't), let's bring it somewhere else.