What is love 8-bit

Announce (tech) demos or games releases

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

Moon-Watcher
Very interested

What is love 8-bit

Post by Moon-Watcher » Fri May 12, 2017 1:14 pm

Hi there!

Bringing What is love 8-bit to Genny. It weights 8 MB and was created with SGDK -didn't know was capable of that-. Also I'm surprised how many emulators can make it work: dgen, some Gens variants, PicoDrive and BlastEm.

Download here https://app.box.com/s/96q8ro641z8rc05xi3jdnvezh3xpig82

cero
Very interested

Re: What is love 8-bit

Post by cero » Fri May 12, 2017 6:10 pm

What makes it 8mb? The music seems like it would fit as a few hundred kb xgm, and there's not much tiles either?

Morden
Interested

Post by Morden » Fri May 12, 2017 7:06 pm

Whoa! ... This was made with no regard to size. Haha. Which is too bad, really. I just recently bought an Everdrive X7 to be able to run Overdrive 2 and other [big] homebrew offerings. And while everything does work fine on my regular PAL MegaDrive, huge ROMs won't run on my Wondermega, which is my go to console. This is supposedly caused by address conflicts with expansion hardware, which Everdrive prompts me to unplug. The problem is, it's integrated, as is the case with CDX and X'Eye. Oh well ... I guess I'll have to plug in the regular MD for this one.

Moon-Watcher
Very interested

Post by Moon-Watcher » Wed May 31, 2017 9:42 pm

cero wrote:What makes it 8mb? The music seems like it would fit as a few hundred kb xgm, and there's not much tiles either?
It's a 4 minutes tune and weights 8 MB, I didn't bother shrinking it. I noticed it makes a terrible crash at 2:20 and then starts again. Probably due to the 4 MB limit.