YMDj - A Native Sega Genesis/Megadrive Music Tracker.

Announce (tech) demos or games releases

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

ZanaGB

Post by ZanaGB » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:42 pm

Jazzmarazz wrote:
ZanaGB wrote:I have just literally registered here just for this.

I absolutely love the idea of having a proper tracker that is made enterely for the hardware, within the hardware.

However. I am not really happy about the UI myself, those colors and those fonts would make working on a CRT ( or most monitors, for that matter )a pain, specially after looking at the screen for more than 5 minutes.

I have been doing all sorts of stuff for the MD for years ( even i think someone posted a small demo here containing my graphics ). So i think i could help to the project by supplying some small hel pwhen it comes to graphics and presentation.

While i understand this closely resembles the UI for the original LSDJ, this is not the GB and the MD could benefict from some things here and there, and i'd be glad to help on that.
Hah, yes. He has already addressed the red assault (as I will refer to it from nowon) and I have been pushing for alternate GUI selections in a menu. He seems to more focused on functionality than anything else currently. I would push for a simple white on black, or Grey scale option personally as one of the many options. This should be as simple as a pallets reload correct?

Hell, even a hex color editor wouldn't be too far fetched for both text and backgroundbackground as an option inthe menu; but the current priority is function.
Fair enough. As i said, i do aknowledge that the main focus is to base itself off from it's GB equivalent, but still. there is a bit of room for improvement to not make people's retinas bleed after a copule minutes of usage. While more can be done, i guess a better suited pallete will do the job :) Good luck for the next release!

Jazzmarazz
Very interested

Post by Jazzmarazz » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:38 pm

ZanaGB wrote:
Jazzmarazz wrote:
ZanaGB wrote:I have just literally registered here just for this.

I absolutely love the idea of having a proper tracker that is made enterely for the hardware, within the hardware.

However. I am not really happy about the UI myself, those colors and those fonts would make working on a CRT ( or most monitors, for that matter )a pain, specially after looking at the screen for more than 5 minutes.

I have been doing all sorts of stuff for the MD for years ( even i think someone posted a small demo here containing my graphics ). So i think i could help to the project by supplying some small hel pwhen it comes to graphics and presentation.

While i understand this closely resembles the UI for the original LSDJ, this is not the GB and the MD could benefict from some things here and there, and i'd be glad to help on that.
Hah, yes. He has already addressed the red assault (as I will refer to it from nowon) and I have been pushing for alternate GUI selections in a menu. He seems to more focused on functionality than anything else currently. I would push for a simple white on black, or Grey scale option personally as one of the many options. This should be as simple as a pallets reload correct?

Hell, even a hex color editor wouldn't be too far fetched for both text and backgroundbackground as an option inthe menu; but the current priority is function.
Fair enough. As i said, i do aknowledge that the main focus is to base itself off from it's GB equivalent, but still. there is a bit of room for improvement to not make people's retinas bleed after a copule minutes of usage. While more can be done, i guess a better suited pallete will do the job :) Good luck for the next release!
Yup, you are correct. We have discussed further improvements at length and one of the main focuses will be hardware limitations. The "GB equivalent" as you say is nothing more than the bare minimum. I would call it 'sister' software rather than equivalent software, once released of course. The emphasis on LSDj is simply to cater to that audience. Many people are very accustomed to that interface so something familiar to them is the aim.