SG-DOS (Not real)

Announce (tech) demos or games releases

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

MG
Very interested

Post by MG » Sat May 26, 2007 11:16 am

Arf, pretty proto...

What a shame : i can't read a word of this website.
Arg, russian is a very specific langage. :?
Ah ? ben si ? pourquoi pas...

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Sat May 26, 2007 1:00 pm

Russian is pretty difficult. I can read it, but I understand only 10% of it. My Russian teachers at school aren't very good... but translate.google.com helps
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

Fonzie
Genny lover

Post by Fonzie » Sat May 26, 2007 1:48 pm

you should check devster page, he made something crazier than that for megadrive... Full IDE + extended RAM + LAN/modem card... ^^
http://devster.retrodev.com ^^

commodorejohn
Very interested

Post by commodorejohn » Sat May 26, 2007 4:34 pm

Hah, if only he could mass-produce that sans hard drive and modem, which you could supply yourself...we could have a lot of fun with that.

cdoty
Very interested

Post by cdoty » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:55 am

Shiru wrote:Here, in Russia, also beginner-level home-computer based on SMD is available ('Magistr-16'). This computer uses usual SMD hardware with RAM upgrade, RTC, keyboard/mouse and FDD controller. Unlicensed, of course (I don't know where it was developed and produced). Some screenshots of specific software and some text in russian is here.
That's pretty amazing. The Mega Drive Portable would be worth having, it defintely beats the Nomad.

Fonzie
Genny lover

Post by Fonzie » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:23 am

wooot! a megadrive portable!
It doesn't seems released... And no specs (nb of batts, lifetime) are available :'(

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:19 pm

MD Portable is released and available here, I know some peoples, who already buy it.

Technically it's standart SMD, except one important thing: cartriges are not standart physically (in size, it's possible to make passive adapter). But, as some peoples investigate, these cartriges uses flash ROMs instead of mask ones.

4 AAA Battery, lifetime 6-10 hours. 2.5'' LCD with light; also has composite TV-out. Dimensions 142w 82h 26d (in mm). Weight 143g. Price about $50. Cartridges up to $3, about 80 games already available.

Inside console
Inside of cartridge

Fonzie
Genny lover

Post by Fonzie » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:25 pm

Lol, i had the same idea ^^ However, in my head, there were little link that let you copy your original games to mini cartridges :P

Crazy great, 6-10 hours sounds great :)
Is the sound okay? Most GOAC sux at sound... But after looking at some pics, the product overall finishing seems very crap ^^
http://www.mdport.ru/

Seems incrediblely illegal ^^

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:38 pm

Fonzie wrote:Is the sound okay? Most GOAC sux at sound...
I saw only one report about sound, and this guy said that it has low quality. He mentioned mono output, I'm not sure if he said about headphones output; some high sounds cuts (filter?); loud low-frequency sound affects to screen when volume above half of max.

It's a cheap not licenced chinese product, so what you want:)

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:47 pm

Problem: Flash in the cart is 3.3V, and standard carts operate on 5V (though, they do work on 3.3V too, but not aswell). Passive adaptor is possible.
Sound will most definately suck, it is kind of a rule that goes with all MD clones (my weird clone had 100% accurate sound though, but it fried).
And that LCD affection is most likely caused by headphone amp sucking too much power.
Cool thing though, and 3$ for a 2MB flash chip... great !!! Just reflash the cart if needed :D
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

Fonzie
Genny lover

Post by Fonzie » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:43 am

Well, those flash are certainely flashed at the factory using an hispeed burn mode (written with 20volts), I don't know if they can be erased a lot after this...

8bitwizard
Very interested

Post by 8bitwizard » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:47 am

cdoty wrote:That's pretty amazing. The Mega Drive Portable would be worth having, it defintely beats the Nomad.
Hey, I've got two Nomads, and aside from the battery life, they're great. (Maybe you have some Nomad Envy?) And I can be sure that it's 100% compatible, aside from having no external player 1 port. (I've even gotten the Miracle Piano running on one.)
TmEE co.(TM) wrote:Problem: Flash in the cart is 3.3V, and standard carts operate on 5V (though, they do work on 3.3V too, but not aswell). Passive adaptor is possible.
Sound will most definately suck, it is kind of a rule that goes with all MD clones (my weird clone had 100% accurate sound though, but it fried).
And that LCD affection is most likely caused by headphone amp sucking too much power.
Cool thing though, and 3$ for a 2MB flash chip... great !!! Just reflash the cart if needed :D
Depending on the part, many 3.3V flash (and other) chips are designed to run with a 3.3 - 5.5 volt power supply.

It looks like a first-generation Game Boy Advance... except that the screen may be backlit. (the unlit GBA screen was horrible)