Yeah, he's released another build...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kega Fusion v3.63 (Windows) (C) Steve Snake 2009

Whats New ?
-----------

* Made some changes to the config options. Hopefully this fixes a problem
some people were having where Windows would fail to size the window
correctly, although I cannot reproduce this problem.

* Moved SMS controls into main controls window, matching the other builds.

* Fixed a couple of problems relating to SMS controls.

* Fixed preferred country detection order - at some point a couple of them
got switched somehow.

* Various SMS fixes.

* A few minor 32X bugfixes and tweaks.

Other builds to follow soon.

Snake.
kega kat at gmail dot com (withnospacesanywhere)
Downloads here

werdas

Post by werdas » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:51 am

Why KEGA FUSION can't run rooms with 10 Megabytes of size? In SEGA genesis I can playing in games with size 10 Megabytes, why emulator can't run this game (ULTIMATE MORTAL KOMBAT TRILOGY) ???
http://ifolder.ru/13646460
________
Honda domani
Last edited by werdas on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Munkyears
Very interested

Post by Munkyears » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:30 pm

Hi Werdas, i would help you but i cannot download your movie... Although the site (russian) says too much traffic, i visit the sponsor site and i am not able to trigger the file...

Ill keep trying... could you not post some pictures instead of a movie file?

Высокое Werdas, я помог бы вам но я не могу загружать ваше кино… Хотя место (русское) говорит слишком много движения, я посещаю место рекламодателя и я не могл вызвать архив… Больное содержание пробуя… смогло вы не вывесить некоторые изображения вместо архива кино?
To be this good takes ages, To be this good takes Stef, Kanedafr, ChillyWilly & everyone who has helped me discover what hardwork is!

Dive into the SpritesMind! :)

Huge
Very interested

Post by Huge » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:19 pm

A real Megadrive cannot load more than 4 mbytes (32mbit). To load bigger roms, you need to do bankswitching. Kega does that fine for Super SF2 (40mbit cart), and I think a few bootleg carts.

That MK Trilogy rom would not work on a real Megadrive either, no idea why Gens manages to run it.

Eke
Very interested

Post by Eke » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:47 pm

There are the 2 main reason why this ROM is often not supported by emulators.

- this is an hacked ROM which was never officially released as a real game cartridge.

- it does bad things that would never have worked and lockup on a real Mega Drive: it accesses illegal memory areas and does word access at odd addresses without having a proper ADDRESS ERROR trap handler .

Obviously, you forget to mention that the ROM will only work on real hardware if someone fix the bugs and implement all the necessay hardware in a special cartridge, mostly to handle the additional address decoding required for it to work.

Now, to get it work in an emulator, it's stupidly easy: you only need to map all memory access (from both CPU) to 0x000000-0x9FFFFF to the 10Mb ROM data.

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Re: Kega Fusion v3.63

Post by Chilly Willy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:21 pm

King Of Chaos wrote:Yeah, he's released another build...
Kega Fusion v3.63 (Windows) (C) Steve Snake 2009

Whats New ?
-----------

* Made some changes to the config options. Hopefully this fixes a problem
some people were having where Windows would fail to size the window
correctly, although I cannot reproduce this problem.

* Moved SMS controls into main controls window, matching the other builds.

* Fixed a couple of problems relating to SMS controls.

* Fixed preferred country detection order - at some point a couple of them
got switched somehow.

* Various SMS fixes.

* A few minor 32X bugfixes and tweaks.

Other builds to follow soon.

Snake.
kega kat at gmail dot com (withnospacesanywhere)
Downloads here
OSX and linux builds now up!

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:32 pm

I don't see Ultimate Mortal Kombat Trilogy support being added to Kega, ever. If it did what Eke said then it'd work on real hardware and Kega.

Gary_Oak

Post by Gary_Oak » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:55 pm

I think I found a problematic bug in Monster World IV:

In the Blast Gate level (the cloudy stage), there's a section in which the player must fly a magic carpet, this carpet is supposed to move by itself as soon as the player jumps on top of it, thing is though, that doesn't happen.

I tried to press all sorts of button combinations and I even bashed all of them along with the d-pad as a last resort, but nothing happened.

I'm running the rom Monster World IV (Japan) (from the No-Intro sets) hardpatched with an english translation on KEGA Fusion 3.63 (Windows version), one could say that the patch could be the problem but I find that somehow unlikely, otherwise I would have noticed other problems (I suppose).

Sorry to be posting a KEGA bug report in here, but Eidolons Inn (and the its forum as well) seems to be unavailable right now, and all I get instead is some german Goneo advertisement.

Thanks in advance. :wink:

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:12 am

Yeah, Eidolon's Inn is down right now so I guess this topic will have to suffice. :P

Gary_Oak

Post by Gary_Oak » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:29 am

Just for the record, I tried today to do the same with a clean and unpatched rom of the game, but the result is the same as with the patched rom.

I would be nice to see this fixed, as the problem makes the game unbeatable.

Gary_Oak

Post by Gary_Oak » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:54 pm

I found another problem, this time on X-Men and X-Men 2: Clone Wars (for the Genesis):

X-Men seems to control itself, it always skips the title screen and intro as if it were pressing the start button by itself, and it also decides to control the characters and selection screens as well sometimes (in addition, the game also decides to enter in confilct with some control actions I perform such as moving, jumping, selcting or attacking).

A similar situation occurs on X-Men 2, only this time, the game decides to place a 2nd player automatically (right in the intro stage) which it doesn't even take control of, the pause button seems to work incorrectly as I have to hold it in order to have the game paused.

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:28 pm

Sounds like an input issue to me. I have both games and no issues happen for me. I'd disable player 2's slot too.

Gary_Oak

Post by Gary_Oak » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:20 pm

King Of Chaos wrote:Sounds like an input issue to me. I have both games and no issues happen for me. I'd disable player 2's slot too.
Indeed it was, I just disabled the player 2 slot for both Genesis and SMS controls, and everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the tip. :wink:

King Of Chaos
Very interested

Post by King Of Chaos » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:10 pm

Was the Monster World IV issue fixed too? After re-reading the report it sounds like a possible input issue too. If it's still happening, can you upload a save state or SRAM file before that point?

Snake
Very interested

Post by Snake » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:35 am

Gary_Oak wrote:In the Blast Gate level (the cloudy stage), there's a section in which the player must fly a magic carpet, this carpet is supposed to move by itself as soon as the player jumps on top of it, thing is though, that doesn't happen.
Hmm, I don't know how you managed to get that to happen, but I just played the game all the way to that point, and it works perfectly.