Blastem 0.5.0 - Many accuracy improvements, basic SMS support, runs OD2

Talk about development tools here

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

Mask of Destiny
Very interested

Re: Blastem 0.5.0 - Many accuracy improvements, basic SMS support, runs OD2

Post by Mask of Destiny » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:54 pm

BlastEm 0.5.1 is now out and has improvements addressing much of the feedback given here. You can find download links and the full changelog here.

I unfortunately did not get a chance to address the issue TmEE saw above, but I have been able to reproduce it. Seems to be a limitation of the GL implementation in Intel's Windows drivers for older versions of their integrated chipsets. Now that I can reproduce it locally, I'll see if I can find a work around.

Natsumi
Very interested

Post by Natsumi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:44 am

It looks like it runs hacks now much better, but I did find another bug:
PlaneA seems to fetch wrong tiles here. On hardware that second line of monitor art is not there, its just PlaneA bugging out instead. (and to clarify, the monitor tiles are PlaneW)

Sik
Very interested

Post by Sik » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:20 pm

A full screenshot would help a lot more honestly (I can't tell what's supposed to be what, I doubt MoD will have it much easier).

Also plane A should indeed bug out when window plane is on its left (o_º) (the VDP doesn't fetch graphics in time so it ends up reusing the graphics it had fetched for window, not sure if that's exactly what's going on here)
Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick".

Natsumi
Very interested

Post by Natsumi » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:52 pm

The tiles from PlaneW are appearing on PlaneA, instead of PlaneA repeating the tiles in a glitchy way. I have taken a screenshot from hardware illustrating how it should look like;