Post by bastien » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:43 am

why it's an obsolete project ?

mic_
Very interested

Post by mic_ » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:47 am

Maybe because of viewtopic.php?t=940

kramlat

Post by kramlat » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:03 pm

Shiru, I am curious if it is possible to have some TFDs loop (setup in loader) and other not.

Also I ask, is it possible to write a check to see if a song has complete?

I already heard that you could have multiple instances of a TFD loader so that you can have sound effects playing and will try it, unless you have a vgm loader for megadrive/megacd and in that case, where do I get it? will it allow me to have both looping and non-looping songs? can it tell me when the song finishes so that another can be selected?

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:39 pm

Make an empty loop at the end of the song, it will be the same as no loop.

You can detect end of stream (#fb).

I don't know about multiple instances of TFD and don't know if anyone used it for sound effects. It is not too easy to have FM effects because envelopes aren't reset on keyon, you have to do something with it, and probably have few channels dedicated to effects.

I don't have any 'loaders', neither I have a VGM player.

kramlat

Post by kramlat » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:17 am

Shiru wrote:Make an empty loop at the end of the song, it will be the same as no loop.

You can detect end of stream (#fb).

I don't know about multiple instances of TFD and don't know if anyone used it for sound effects. It is not too easy to have FM effects because envelopes aren't reset on keyon, you have to do something with it, and probably have few channels dedicated to effects.

I don't have any 'loaders', neither I have a VGM player.
thankyou for the help, and I have all the PSG channels plus FM5 and FM6 dedicated (I used no DAC) in the project for sound effects, sure I could choose not to dedicate channels, but I would get the sonic3 sound glitch (sometimes the music plays with wrong instruments if certain sound effects play, can also happen in reverse too, like with the score tally in sonic 3 if a 1up happens during it) if I did, therefore I am not making the same mistake sega did and will not use reserved channels for music.

Also I will do with the sound effects exactly what SMPS did with them, i.e. I will track them on reserved channels in the same format the music is in, that would mean I dont even have to worry about resets, the loading of the tfd will do it for me.

on the other hand some sound effects will need psg as well, those I will hard code to load a tfd and on certain timings, load psg data, i.e. those will be hard coded.

Shiru
Very interested

Post by Shiru » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:26 am

You have to worry about the envelope resets. Loading of TFD won't reset it.

slobu
Very interested

TFM Music Maker constantly loops last sequence.

Post by slobu » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:32 pm

First off, I know this is an obsolete project. I don't expect anything but I don't know where to turn.

A friend is composing music for me and his tracks seem to always loop the last sequence over and over. I'm not familiar with tracker software myself so it's not obvious where I'd tell it to loop from the last sequence back to the first. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Select your favorite order table entry and press L
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

slobu
Very interested

Post by slobu » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:20 pm

TmEE co.(TM) wrote:Select your favorite order table entry and press L
Holy cow!! That worked!!!

Thank you thank you thank you :)