Cross product devkit on ebay

Ask anything your want about Mega/SegaCD programming.

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

KanedaFr
Administrateur

Cross product devkit on ebay

Post by KanedaFr » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:36 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sega-Mega-CD-Devkit ... RCH:FR:101

forgot about the price...the great thing to note is what game he used in his video : Pier Solar ;)

TmEE co.(TM)
Very interested

Post by TmEE co.(TM) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:43 am

Cool find :)
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa ;)
http://www.tmeeco.eu
Files of all broken links and images of mine are found here : http://www.tmeeco.eu/FileDen

sega16
Very interested

Post by sega16 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:04 pm

What are the advantages of owing a developer sega vs a regular sega cd(Besides rarer)I tried goole but there were relay no sega sdks like there are a big 32x sdk (in fact there are no sega cd sdks that I am aware of)

KanedaFr
Administrateur

Post by KanedaFr » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:47 pm

no advantage...
unless you own all the softwares...and an old pc with SCSI port
I assume you should be able to debug with breakpoints, etc...

else, it must be region free, no ? ;)

HardWareMan
Very interested

Post by HardWareMan » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:02 am

KanedaFr wrote:else, it must be region free, no ? ;)
Little hard to believe.
You can run NTSC/PAL carts and all NTSC MCD Games.
Why so?

ElBarto
Very interested

Post by ElBarto » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:01 am

Yes contrary to popular belief, it is not region free (I know I have one).

Nemesis
Very interested

Post by Nemesis » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:10 am

What are the advantages of owing a developer sega vs a regular sega cd(Besides rarer)I tried goole but there were relay no sega sdks like there are a big 32x sdk (in fact there are no sega cd sdks that I am aware of)
The unit itself isn't really any use unless you have the PC equipment and software to go with it. If you did, the main advantage would be that you could test/run "CD's" on the SegaCD hardware without having to burn any disks. The big button on the front is to switch to an emulated cd drive, but you need the hardware which connects to those ports in the back. I've seen complete units with the PC hardware sold, but I've never gotten my hands on them. A few collectors have them, but none of the technical community that I know of. Like the unit in this auction, I own the SegaCD "half", but I don't have the computer hardware to go with it. I can tell you first hand that this makes the unit interesting, but pretty much no different than a normal SegaCD.
Yes contrary to popular belief, it is not region free (I know I have one).
You're right that it's not region free, but some of the dip switches affect region settings IIRC. I think they actually have a japanese, european, and us bios in there, which you could switch between. Been awhile since I've played with it though, so I could be wrong.

ElBarto
Very interested

Post by ElBarto » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:00 am

Nemesis wrote: You're right that it's not region free, but some of the dip switches affect region settings IIRC. I think they actually have a japanese, european, and us bios in there, which you could switch between. Been awhile since I've played with it though, so I could be wrong.
You can indeed select the md region with the left dip switch.
There is only one bios inside (all unit that I know have an US bios).
But there is also a another "bios", I have not deassembled it (yet) so I don't know what it is. I have a theory that it can be the master program loaded when booting on the scsi cable and not on the drive and this one could maybe load any games after.

You can find dumps here : http://www.elbarto.org/index.php/sega-m ... velopment/