BASIC Programming

Ask anything your want about Mega/SegaCD programming.

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

evildragon
Very interested

BASIC Programming

Post by evildragon » Wed May 23, 2007 1:54 am

I used BasiEgaXorz to make a BASIC application for use on the Sega CD, and while it does make an ISO that works in emulators, I can't burn them, the burner says it's not a valid ISO, and when I burn it anyway, my Sega CD rejects it..

What's going on? I can make it a Sega CD Binary however, and use the Sega Loader, but I want direct access to a CD-ROM instead of a small binary image...

Mask of Destiny
Very interested

Post by Mask of Destiny » Wed May 23, 2007 3:16 pm

It's probably not padded to a sector boundary (i.e. the size isn't an integer multiple of 2048 bytes). Just add extra bytes to the end until it's a nice even multiple of 2048.

That said you might be able to accomplish what you desire using SLO assuming BasiEgaXorz has some kind of command to poke values to specific addresses. My CD library is still active once the program loaded by SLO starts so you can pass commands to it through the gate array to load files off the disc, play audio tracks and interact with the PCM chip in a limited way.

evildragon
Very interested

Post by evildragon » Wed May 23, 2007 3:43 pm

Mask of Destiny wrote:It's probably not padded to a sector boundary (i.e. the size isn't an integer multiple of 2048 bytes). Just add extra bytes to the end until it's a nice even multiple of 2048.

That said you might be able to accomplish what you desire using SLO assuming BasiEgaXorz has some kind of command to poke values to specific addresses. My CD library is still active once the program loaded by SLO starts so you can pass commands to it through the gate array to load files off the disc, play audio tracks and interact with the PCM chip in a limited way.
It does support compiling as an .SCD file, which is a Sega CD program that seems to work perfectly with the Sega CD, if started at 0x200000...

That route seems to work, but WinISO seems to sometimes damage the ISO, and I can't make a CD.. (I don't know why)

commodorejohn
Very interested

Post by commodorejohn » Fri May 25, 2007 1:17 am

Yeah, it's usually sector padding (don't know why burner programs don't just pad automatically, or at least have an option to do so...)

Anyway, use CDRWin. It's good, even in unregistered mode.

TascoDLX
Very interested

Post by TascoDLX » Fri May 25, 2007 4:14 am

commodorejohn wrote:Yeah, it's usually sector padding (don't know why burner programs don't just pad automatically, or at least have an option to do so...)
In short, the burner program has to assume the file is corrupt if the file size is not sector-aligned. It's a matter of ISO compliance.