Questions/Information a Developer Needs for a Hobby Project

Ask anything your want about Mega/SegaCD programming.

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

slobu
Very interested

Questions/Information a Developer Needs for a Hobby Project

Post by slobu » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:48 pm

I've got a graphic artist acquaintance that has a small project with FMV cut scenes for SegaCD in mind. Something as simple as a magazine game from days of old.

I'd usually consider programming it myself for him but my skills converting/playing back multimedia on SegaCD are zero.

Where would he look for available SegaCD devs? What kind of info do they need?

slobu
Very interested

Post by slobu » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Using some feedback from NESdev.com members I gave this advice to my graphic artist acquaintance:
When pitching a SegaCD game I'd definitely include screenshot mock-ups and the cart box. A bit of text that describes the game controls and play mechanics. Of course, some background info on your project and sample art is good too. The length of the cut scenes might be important information too. Who knows how long a cut scene can be on the SegaCD? Hmmmn..

The real question is, when SegaCD devs PM you, what will they think the time estimate is? What do they think their time is worth? Everyone seems to have different needs. Even if they ask too much it'd be good info for comparison. I think stating what you're willing to offer right off the bat might dis-sway some people from responding.
Pending more feedback from actual SegaCD devs I think this'll have to do.