New Transfer Suite Version Coming Soon...

Ask anything your want about Mega/SegaCD programming.

Moderator: Mask of Destiny

Mask of Destiny
Very interested

New Transfer Suite Version Coming Soon...

Post by Mask of Destiny » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:31 am

I've finally gotten back to working on my Sega CD transfer suite so far I'm planning the following new features:
-Revampped underlying protocol resulting in
-Faster Transfers (yet to be tested whether this is actually true, but it should be)
-More robust transfers (you won't have to make sure you start the master and slave in the correct order anymore)
-Bigger transfers (no more 64KB limit for sending programs to the Sega CD)
-Dumping cartridge and Sega CD save RAM (maybe writing too, we'll see)
-Segmented transfers: Send one file to one segment of RAM and another to a different segment of RAM and jump to yet another address if you so desire
-Memory explorer: read and write data to arbitrary Genesis memory addresses for hardware exploration
-EXT port support (will be released untested, but should work)
-GUI (maybe)
-GoodGen integration (maybe)

If there are any features you would like to see in my Transfer Suite now is the time to say so. Who knows when I'll get around to updating it again.

If I can keep my Sega development interest up you might see the following in the not-to-distant future (but don't get your hopes up, I'm very fickle with my hobbies)
- Basic Saturn version of the transfer software (perhaps I can get this working in time to try and put together a demo or something for C4)
- New version of SLO that supports using the transfer protocol to browse and launch files from your computer's hard drive (and possibly some other cool features)