Sega Mega Adapter and 32X not working. Please help ASAP!

Ask anything your want about the 32X Mushroom programming.

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

terceldude

Sega Mega Adapter and 32X not working. Please help ASAP!

Post by terceldude » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:03 pm

MEGA ADAPTER (Sega Master System 8-Bit Related
Alright guys, I have a new problem with my brand new Sega Mega Adapter HAA-2600..I recently bought a brand new, sealed Sega Mega Adapter HAA-2600 unit from moderngame.pe.kr and used a middleman, Korea Proxy, to buy it for me and ship it to my house..Problem is when I tried it on my also brand new Sega Megadrive 1 HAA-2510, I got sound only, but no picture for some games and for others, got no picture and no sound...Is there an issue with the games or the Mega Adapter?? I ask because the games were tested and working when I bought them... I need help ASAP! :) Thank you...When I had this problem, I did not screw the Mega Adapter to the Megadrive unit, etc...

SEGA Super 32X 32-bit related

Also, my Sega Super 32X HMA-0001, I bought brand new from Japan, is giving me the same problems or issues... Did I wire it incorrectly??? Is there an internal defect to the unit??? The games were all clean for both units... Please help ASAP because I want to buy more games for these units ASAP but I fear I might have internal to unit issues with these units..Thanks again...
K-Biz

terceldude

Post by terceldude » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:05 pm

oh and I'm a new user here so bear with me! :)
K-Biz

Chilly Willy
Very interested

Post by Chilly Willy » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:51 pm

SG-1000 games will not show any video on MD + adapter. The MD VDP doesn't have the TMS9918 video modes found in the original SMS VDP, so the game DOES play and you can hear the sound, but the video stays blank. Any game that uses the 9918 modes will be like that. Only mode 4 video is supported. Also missing are the taller screen modes that some European games use - those modes are only on SMS2 VDPs.

As to the 32X, what problems are you having. Describe in as much detail as you can when asking for help. Just saying "it doesn't work" doesn't give us enough to work with. Make sure you have the cable connected between the AV out of the MD and the input of the 32X. Run the AV out from the 32X to the TV. Make sure the 32X is connected to a proper AC adapter and is getting power. Beyond that, the usual problem with the 32X is the internal ribbon cables.