Current state of Genny dev carts?

For anything related to cart (SRAM, SF2 mapper, audio, CD mode 1, ...)

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

djcouchycouch
Very interested

Current state of Genny dev carts?

Post by djcouchycouch » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:51 am

Hi there,

I have an almost 10 year old plain Jane Everdrive for my Genesis. It works perfectly fine but I’m getting real tired of swapping out and copying to SD cards all the time. I’m a simple man with a basic want of plugging to a cart through USB but the current Everdrives are honkin’ expensive. The X7 is 250$ CAD on amazon which I’m having a hard time justifying. Is there anything out there that can do that (And nothing else) but cheaper? I don’t need anything fancy.

Thanks!
djcc

cero
Very interested

Re: Current state of Genny dev carts?

Post by cero » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:09 am

No.

djcouchycouch
Very interested

Post by djcouchycouch » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:14 pm

Thanks cero! Looks like I'll be picking up cans on the side of the road for a while to get an X7 :)

cero
Very interested

Post by cero » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:20 am

Remember the -20% discount on black friday.

themrcul
Very interested

Post by themrcul » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:43 am

I was in the same situation couchy,
It was painful swapping out the SD card, copy, eject, insert into everdrive clone, then wait to flash, then play.

I got an Everdrive X7 and haven't looked back. Yes it is expensive, but I justified it on account of wanting to make games well.
The USB connection works great and is very reliable. I've even written some tools to work through the USB connection that helps my artist preview art on a CRT while working.

That being said my outside work hours have been smashed for more than a year with extra projects that are not as much fun and not Mega Drive related which is a shame!