Dump sequential channels

For anything related to sound (YM2612, PSG, Z80, PCM...)

Moderator: BigEvilCorporation

Okie
Interested

Dump sequential channels

Post by Okie » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:08 pm

With Regen and Gens Kmod you can dump a channel in that instant of time. If I want to see how a noise is created that's longer than that one instant, how could I dump sequence from a channel for a short period time. Example I dump it in sequence for the length of the sound effect.

cero
Very interested

Re: Dump sequential channels

Post by cero » Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:48 am

Presumably you should dump a VGM (however that's done) and look at it in an editor like Deflemask.

SeregaZ
Interested

Re: Dump sequential channels

Post by SeregaZ » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:14 pm

Deflemask cant read vgm. it is used for export, but not for import. it need to parse vgm, store all events, and recreate them with deflemask's file format. it can be two problem. first is - vgm no have bpm. it will need some manual count. second is - if some note use any bend of slide or pitch or whatever effect it uses - it will be very dificult to count equivalent effect's command for deflemask. with stright notes it will be no any problem. but any effects... and it will be a lot of brain pain :) aaaa! third one! PSG part. it will be dificult too. even double dificult :) it will need to some restore deflemask's instrument for psg and same bend or slide... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! fourth problem! :) deflemask have some limits for notes. it is same as GEMS audio driver have. but if note will have lower or higher frequency - deflemask cant use that. some Revenge of Jocker, as far i remember - have this problem. frequency is lowest, than most low note for deflemask. some kind of that.